What have you seen recently? 4

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Some great characters in Picard. Better than Star Trek Discovery, where I've now seen two series and am still unaware of the backstories of the Bridge Crew.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Some great characters in Picard. Better than Star Trek Discovery, where I've now seen two series and am still unaware of the backstories of the Bridge Crew.
I got up to around episode 8 of Discovery and just lost interest. For some reason, it just didn't feel like Star Trek to me with the sets, props and makeup feeling 'too Holywoodized', if that makes any sense. For example, considering that the storyline was apparently set about 10 years before the original series, the tech looked more shiny and futuristic, while the Klingons looked like an entirely different species.

I hadn't considered not knowing the backstories of the Bridge Crew before, but that might also have subconsciously been a factor in my lack of interest.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
I'm watching The haunting of Bly Manor and doing a terrible job of ghost spotting
I'm gonna have to re-watch it over again on mute because of a perfectly splendid reason

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
What is Umbrella Academy about?

I am binge watching *M*A*S*H* at the moment.
Basically Umberella Academy is about a bunch of kids born on the same day , all with some power adopted by a mysterious man . The kids are now grown up and dysfunctional, and the shit starts to hit the fan

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
sort of dysfunctional X-Men, if you like that Misfits is on netflix now that is worth a looky
dysfunctional X-Men in Manchester only a lot more sweary and chavy

User Menu

Newsletter