What have you seen recently? 4

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Most of the DC characters are kind of dull. We recently watched Aquaman. It looked like it should have been epic, but it wasn't. It was okay, enjoyable, but not epic or moving. In fact, there was a lot of bad acting.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I went to see Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker. I thought finished off the series very nicely. Watching it in a cinema with only eight people in, is always a plus for me. Yes I really enjoyed it.

Ghost, there was a trailer for Doolittle. I think I'll give it a miss, although it might be fun.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I just watched a Swedish/American, made in Hungary film called "Midsomer". It's a horror in the style of The Wicker Man, I guess. Very creepy, while being theatrically lit as in almost permanent over-bright sunshine. Well worth checking out if you like a good horror movie.

Yesterday I watched Suicide Squad - which was a hell of a lot better than I'd been led to believe. It was very comic-book like in its appearance and story-line, if that makes sense?

I also recently watched "Joker". This was an incredible film and I can well understand the Oscars it won. Phoenix is outstanding in the role.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Just watched Birds of Prey it was quite funny in parts with Harley Quinn, good fight scenes and music score, and a sequel. Gotham City Sirens to come.
And!!! Exclusive: With the coronavirus socking it to the Asian box office, Deadline has learned that MGM, Eon and Universal are postponing the next James Bond movie, No Time to Die from its UK and international release date of April 2 and its U.S. Easter weekend global day-and-date of April 10, and moving the 25th 007 movie to Nov. 25, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.:(

Last edited:

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
TBH, Birds of Prey wasn't as good a film as it could've been. Seriously, Harley Quinn was the best thing about it. It wasn't a bad film, it just could have been much better.

And yeah, I heard about that. I personally think they're morons.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Agreed. As a superhero, he's pretty dull.
I think I know why Superman is so dull: no inner conflict.

Superman does good out of a sense of public service - and that's it. Batman, on the other hand, is conflicted between his sense of duty to Gotham and his desire to avenge his parents.

Batman, too, frequently faces instances of gray-and-gray morality. Superman doesn't: he's the do-gooder, and his job is to vanquish the evil-doers. End of story.

Gray-and-gray morality is also why a film like Silence of the Lambs - the original - is so good. Can Clarice work with one sociopath to stop another? And she can only stop him at the cost of letting Hannibal Lecter escape. There are no "good endings".

Thoughts?

User Menu

Newsletter