What have you seen recently? 4

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Yesterday I watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Quite the surprise if you know anything at the Charles Manson story. I enjoyed it although not my favourite Tarantino film.

Tonight I watched the 2021 version of Dune. I found it a little slow, but really enjoyed the world-building. Looking forward to Part Two next year.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Cool! I haven't read The Sandman, but I understand it's one of Neil's most popular books.

I finally got around to watching "Taken" with Liam Neeson. It was pretty good.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Cool! I haven't read The Sandman, but I understand it's one of Neil's most popular books.
The comics are brilliant (though VERY dark and often horrific: no way in hell the series got anything less than an MA15 rating), and given the reviews for the TV show, I'm cautiously optimistic. I just want it to come out on DVD...

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Just to let you know how much I love those comics: I actually bought the Absolute Editions of ALL of them. And I wouldn't do that for any comic. If there's ever a comic series that is most definitely literature, it's The Sandman.

Nov 21, 2010
I'm quite getting into Star Trek: Strange New Worlds set in the time a few years before Kirk and the original series, with Capt. Christopher Pike at the helm. It definitely has more of an original Star Trek feel to it than Discovery, imo.
That is on my list!

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Since I use Amazon Prime mainly for the fast and free delivery options, it also includes Prime Video in the subscription. Anyway, I finally got around to putting it on the main TV rather than just my computer which is just as well as I couldn't get to sleep last night and ended up binge-watching 'Reacher'. I very much enjoyed it (I definitely found it preferable to the Tom Cruise films) and am now looking forward to a second series. :)

User Menu

Newsletter