WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE SCENES IN DISCWORLD NOVELS !!!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
The wizards have been to the Free Concert and go out for coffee. The Dean tries to improve the coffee and the shop is filled with foam. Eventually the foam subsides (as Ridcully arrives and glares at it) and the wizards slowly emerge. Coffeeshops were a big part of the counter culture.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Not necessarily my favourite but it was possibly the one that got me hooked on Discworld way back near the beginning;
The scene where Bravd and Weasel are on a hill, discussing the fire in Ankh Morpork, was directly parodying the scene from one of my favourite author's books - Fritz Lieber's Swords series where the great city of Lankhmar was burning. He managed to lampoon enough of my favourite books and authors while twisting tropes and clichés without giving offence was enough for me to become a fan.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
I always enjoy the riverboat card sharks v Granny Weatherwax.
Oh, yes!!! =D Especially the bit where
a mouse-trap with a crumpled ace of cups falls out of someone's sleeve. And the cherry on the cake - Granny Weatherwax's "Oops". :mrgreen:
Plus, outside the door, Nanny Ogg explains Granny's "eggo" to Magrat. ;)

Speaking of the witches ... I just love the extended luncheon scene in "Maskerade". (I've been performing music - opera and otherwise - for the past 15 years, so just about all of "Maskerade" is one of my favourite Pterry books. :mrgreen: It's clear that he had so much fun writing it). :)

User Menu

Newsletter