Will Sir Terry be appearing in person this year at all?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jan 26, 2014
Wales, UK
Hi all,
does anyone know if Sir Terry is to be attending any functions this year at all? Book signings etc? I've never met the man himself, but would very much like to, and maybe ask him to autograph one of my discworld books?

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
He has just pulled out from Eastercon in April, all being well he should be at the Discworldcon in August but that is sold out.

He normally makes an apperance at Hogwatch in Wincanton. :mrgreen:

He does not do book signings anymore.

Jan 26, 2014
Wales, UK
No more book signings? Aw crap I've missed my chance :( Understandable tho I suppose, if he dosent type when writing books anymore either. Would still like to meet the great man himself tho, regardless. Hogswatch this year will hopefully be my first year in attendance :)

simmonds91

Lance-Corporal
Oct 29, 2012
I too hope to one day meet Sir Terry in person but I can honestly say, unless he comes to N.wales, there's no way it will ever happen :( woe is me!

Jan 26, 2014
Wales, UK
Well you know what the say Simmonds91, if the mountain won't come to muhammed. . . ;)
im In south wales, hopefully will be making the journey to the hogswatch celebrations this year, looks and sounds like a hoot! And Been told on this forum there's a good chance sir Terry will be in attendance :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
In my experience, you stand more chance of getting a reply if you contact Colin Smythe, Terry's agent than trying to contact Terry directly. As for appearances - I suspect that is going to depend entirely on Terry's health. I don't imagine that he will make firm commitments for fear of disappointing people.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Only one commitment this year as Tony says depending on health, is the Discworldcon in Manchester in early August as he has pulled out fron the Eastercon in Glasgow reason undefined but I know Rob was looking forward to it. :(

User Menu

Newsletter