3 Wizards Humorest Fantasy series

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
L

lwhitehead

I need help with my 3 wizards Humorest Fantasy series, this series inspired by Wyrd Sisters, Myth Adventures by Robert Asprin,

The Three Wizards are based on the Three Magi,

Wizards in my mind are Nerds, people who were Bullied in a standard Fantasy setting until they discover they have Magic, then they seek revenge on those Bullies Then each one Apprentices to a Wizard. When the Apprenctice becomes power enough said Wizard sends him off Dimension to finish there education.

Wizard culture is much like Sith culture, Backstabing and Power mongering and the official Wizard University is were they learn the skills to mange a Kingdom and protect the Dimension there asigned too.

Are Three Wizards at the University were they First Meeted each other, the Dimension the featured the University has a Glut of Mana in there Ley Lines,

Each Dimension has Ley Lines of Mana, so Witches, Shamans, Druids, and Wizards draw there Mana from Ley Lines,

Are Three Wizards at the end of graduation are sent to a Dimension were the Ley Lines Mana is very low to none, they sent there as a Punishment due to the simple fact that each one refused to toe the standard Wizard's line. The Kingdom is based on Tudor England of Henry VII

LW

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
I think I see the seeds of a plot, which seems to be what you need. The three unruly wizards have been sent to a place where they have almost no power, apparently because the older wizards are afraid of them. They are even less controllable than the usual kind of recent graduate, and may even have shown some creativity in their use of assassination techniques. Their problem is three-fold: they must survive in this unfamiliar world, they must survive each other (as they have already been taught to attack each other as competitive wizards), and they must return to their home dimension. Will they learn to work together, against all the principles of the place they come from, and if they do, will that fragile friendship last beyond the return home?

L

lwhitehead

Um These Wizards aren't your standard types no Power grabbing back stabbing ones, The Kingdom that there set for is going through there version of War of the Roses.

this World's King Henry the VI is the Hot Potato that is warred between to Great Houses, The House of Yorkie (York), and the King's House of

(Lancaster)

LW

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Lwhitehead, ever since you joined this site all you seem to do is post topics asking members to give you free research help on your various story concepts, none of which ever seem to come to fruition.

This is just lazy. The Internet is full of information on just about every topic imaginable. Google is your friend. Or, if you need actual writing help, join one of the thousands of wrters' forums out there, which are full of people willing to help.

Once you actually write something, then feel free to offer to share it with us if you're looking for feedback. But if you're going to do this, post it in the Mended Drum section, which is the general "catch all" area.

L

lwhitehead

I can't seem to post in Mended Drum area, also I would like to use an idea that I saw in the King's Quest Ep Video Game series Bridge Trolls, I mean Trolls that are also Bridges.

They say a Good Writer is a Thief well Activison owns the rights to Sierra Online,

These Bridge Trolls also are like Discworld's Trolls there no Bridge bodies are made up of Earth.

LW

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
So LW, what is your long-term strategy here? To show up every few years to seek free help for a book you've spent a decade seeking free help for? Or is this all some kind of monumental prank?

Either write the damn thing or give it up. If you have to constantly ask people's advice then you probably don't have the skills or the desire to actually do the thing.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
LW, you've been talking about this for the past ten years. If you've had nothing but ideas for ten years, maybe writing isn't for you.

A good writer is emphatically not a thief. If you want to use the idea you saw in King's Quest, then adapt it - don't copy it wholesale. If you do, then don't be surprised when Activision comes down on you like a troll-ton of bricks.

In the meantime, read some books about writing. Save the Cat! Writes a Novel and Writing Fiction for Dummies are both good books for beginners.

Finally, one last piece of advice:

WRITE SOMETHING.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I don't have a problem with members only showing up every few years. But I do have a problem with plagiarism. And you should seriously think about trying a different hobby - I think maybe writing isn't for you.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
I agree, Dotsie. It's not a bad thing to show up just once a year, or every few months. We can't expect people to be here all the time. But plagiarism is both illegal and unethical. And if LW can't see that, then he should quit writing - presuming he began in the first place.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
I don't think he's ever written a word of this thing or ever will. At first I thought he was just an idiot or a simple sod who was crying for attention. But now I think I'm agreeing more with Tony that he's just pulling a very bizarre, long-term troll.

User Menu

Newsletter