SPOILERS Amusing Confusion (contains slight Jingo and FE spoilers)

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
When I was buying up all my second hand DW books cant a year and a half ago I accidentaly saw the last line of Jingo at the back of the book which was something like: 'and Vimes ran away as fast as he could.' I then saw the front cover of the 5th Elephant which to my untrained eyes appeared to show someone looking like Vimes still running away.

So I thought that there was an ongoing plot about Vimes being a fugitive, which turned out untrue in the end but I found it funny at the time. :)

Anyone else had a moment like this? Or just stupidly read a bit you shouldn't've before it's time?

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Re: Amusing Confusion (contains slight Jingo and FE spoilers

The Josh Kirby covers could be a bit confusing as he wasn't as precise as Paul Kidby in his details. :laugh:

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE

DaveC said:
True, though I wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't such a cheat. :oops:

Sadly its an easy thing to do. I did it sorta by accident with Snuff :oops:
A guy i used to work with went in to a book shop when the Deathly Hollows came out and read the last chapter and a bit and spent the weekend of its release ruining it for people. He tried it on me but i'd finished it by six in the morning it came out . I knew there were a few sods out there.
By and large reading the one liner at the end doesn't give anything away :laugh:

pip said:
DaveC said:
True, though I wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't such a cheat. :oops:

Sadly its an easy thing to do. I did it sorta by accident with Snuff :oops:
A guy i used to work with went in to a book shop when the Deathly Hollows came out and read the last chapter and a bit and spent the weekend of its release ruining it for people. He tried it on me but i'd finished it by six in the morning it came out . I knew there were a few sods out there.
By and large reading the one liner at the end doesn't give anything away :laugh:
With Snuff if left me anticipating the joke more! :laugh:

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE

In terms of the cover art the one i always found weird on th Kirby ones was Twoflower literally having Four eyes.
It confused me when i was reading the book then becuase it seemed to me like it meant glasses in the text but the cover showed otherwise. My poor brain felt squeezed . Also thought Rincewind looked too old and wise on the Light Fantastic but hey. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter