Animated Truckers

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Mar 29, 2011
Truckers 1991 Adaptation

Hey peeps, this is the first time I've ever used a forum of any kind. I was just wondering since this is a Terry Pratchett forum, if anyone has ever seen the utterly brilliant animated adaptation of Truckers? It was made in 1991 and ran on CITV (in Britain anyway)
I would appreciate some responses whether aware or unaware, I need to know as it's for a university assignment. Cheerybyes.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Re: Truckers 1991 Adaptation

Ben Sargeant said:
Hey peeps, this is the first time I've ever used a forum of any kind. I was just wondering since this is a Terry Pratchett forum, if anyone has ever seen the utterly brilliant animated adaptation of Truckers? It was made in 1991 and ran on CITV (in Britain anyway)
I would appreciate some responses whether aware or unaware, I need to know as it's for a university assignment. Cheerybyes.
Hi Ben and welcome to the site! :laugh: You've picked a good forum to start on as there are a lot of unfriendly ones out there.

I have seen Truckers - it's available to watch on YouTube - and I thought it was very good. Better than the animated Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters in my opinion.

It's just a shame they didn't do Diggers and Wings as well. :laugh:

Jul 25, 2008
Newport
I watched it on CITV when it was aired, think I was 12 (ish). Finally tracked down the video too (VHS) as it was never released on DVD (so if anyone bought it on DVD, its a copy).

Not watched it in a while (no video recorder) but it was great and I'd agree with Tony in part that it was better than the 2 animated releases

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE

Seem to cost around £7 for the first and £15 for the second on VHS from amazon but don't have a player so pointless really.

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
Re: Truckers 1991 Adaptation

Tonyblack said:
Ben Sargeant said:
Hi Ben and welcome to the site! :laugh: You've picked a good forum to start on as there are a lot of unfriendly ones out there.

I have seen Truckers - it's available to watch on YouTube - and I thought it was very good. Better than the animated Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters in my opinion.

It's just a shame they didn't do Diggers and Wings as well. :laugh:
It is also available in book form using stills from the animation. I think it was printed by Ladybird.

Mar 29, 2011
Thank you so much guys for all the support you've given me, this is excellent and I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only person who's had the pleasure of having seen Truckers.

The reason that Diggers and Wings weren't made Tonyblack is because there was a change in Management and the guy that took over didn't think it would be cost effective to adapt the remaining two.

What do people think of a possible adaptation of the trilogy by Danny Boyle?

Ben Sargeant said:
Thank you so much guys for all the support you've given me, this is excellent and I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only person who's had the pleasure of having seen Truckers.

The reason that Diggers and Wings weren't made Tonyblack is because there was a change in Management and the guy that took over didn't think it would be cost effective to adapt the remaining two.

What do people think of a possible adaptation of the trilogy by Danny Boyle?
Sounds good to me. He's a genius! :)

ramtopsman

Lance-Corporal
Aug 19, 2010
manchester
www.youtube.com
Personally i can't see dream works investing for quite some time although it would be amazing to see what they come up with

btw ive met danny boyle a very nice man he lives in the same town as where im from and he turned the xmas lights on last year

User Menu

Newsletter