Arise Sir Terry

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

silverstreak

Lance-Corporal
Aug 1, 2008
Llanelli,Wales
Just beat me to it Tony.The BBC's lunchtime news featured it.I know it's
protocol but that titfer didn't suite Pterry at all.His normal headwear would
have been much nicer,or even borrowing Moist's gold number would probably have been better.

I wonder how she did pronounce Pterry?

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I'm so proud I could burst :laugh:

I actually felt a bit choked. Hope the Queen knows how lucky she is (I wonder what she asked him?)

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
Will TP now sign his books 'Sir Terry Pratchett'? - It will prolong the time he spends signing by a fair bit if he does.

I thought the interviewer on ITV should have asked Terry about his books more than concentrate on the Alzheimers.
It is for his books after all, that he's been nominated.

Well done Sir! Congratulations.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Batty said:
Will TP now sign his books 'Sir Terry Pratchett'? - It will prolong the time he spends signing by a fair bit if he does.

I thought the interviewer on ITV should have asked Terry about his books more than concentrate on the Alzheimers.
It is for his books after all, that he's been nominated.

Well done Sir! Congratulations.
I can't see him signing "Sir Terry" but he might if you ask nicely. :laugh: Actually, he's recently and understandably, decided that he won't do dedications anymore. He'll just sign. I really think that's just fine considering how long the signings can go on for.

And I agree about the interview. The BBC, I was pleased to notice, talked about him getting the award for his books. He did get it for his contribution to literature after all. :)

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Yep, from Colin and Alan. :laugh: And most definitely a masterpiece. I love it!

It is a little bit more than the Laernu stamps, but I can certainly see why. There's a little bit in the description about that too.

Sep 9, 2008
XXXX
Catch-up said:
Yep, from Colin and Alan. :laugh: And most definitely a masterpiece. I love it!

It is a little bit more than the Laernu stamps, but I can certainly see why. There's a little bit in the description about that too.
Just wanted to ask if people thought they were worth the price for me it is going to be close to Aus$70 by the time the postage is added.

User Menu

Newsletter