Book Bargains.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Have you come across a real bargain and are you itching to make us all jealous? Or have you seen something that you think we might all want in a shop near you? Tell us about it here.

I don't know if this is the case everywhere, but this morning I picked up a very nice Trade Paperback sized copy of The New Discworld Companion from The Works in Cardiff for just £1.99.

My original copy is in a real state as I use it so often, so this one will be to keep. I know The Works (sometimes called Booksale) tends to have the same stock throughout the country so it might be worth checking your local branch. :laugh:

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
if you buy 2 copies of the news of the world in tescos tomorrow youll get a fiver off every 30 quid you spend so if you spend 50 quid on groceries you get nation for free hows that tony.

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
ive been going a little amazon crazy recently but when you can buy a bok for 80p it doesnt really cost that much. the best suppliers ive found are called aphrohead ,their very prompt with their deliveries

Aries

Lance-Constable
Sep 7, 2008
Birmingham
Yesterday i managed to pick up three of the condensed Discworld books for a pound each, not sure if this is good or not as i haven't seen them before. I just thought they looked cute. :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Aries said:
Yesterday i managed to pick up three of the condensed Discworld books for a pound each, not sure if this is good or not as i haven't seen them before. I just thought they looked cute. :)
I haven't heard of these either - do you have some more details like where you got them and an ISBN number? :)

Aries

Lance-Constable
Sep 7, 2008
Birmingham
Ah sorry that was me being thick what i meant to say was compact. The books are all full length but in a much smaller form, small enough to fit in the palm of your hand not mine though because i have small hands.

I picked up Colour of magic, Equal rites and Mort apparently The light fantastic is also available but i'm not sure about the rest.

Jul 26, 2008
well for a new bargain im so glad i brought Once more with footnotes, you seen the price theyre being asked for now :eek: check this out....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Terry-Pratchett-O ... 286.c0.m14

Thinking about it, if theyre asking £1k for a 4 year old book ltd to 2500 copies, whats that going to do for Nation in 4 years concidering only 275 copies oh and the new price of Nation was twice that for Footnotes.

Jul 26, 2008
well ive just quickly worked out in theory what it could go for on ebay concidering the price of footnotes, so nation is 9x rarer cost twice as much new so over 4 years i got a figure of £18,000 :laugh: ive probably worked that out wrong, maths isnt my strong point, well theorising isnt but either way i aint sellin my copy at any price :mrgreen: either of them and i mean footnotes as well.

User Menu

Newsletter