book Gulliver's Travels

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
It's a while since I read it, but as far as I can remember, Gulliver became completely disillusioned with the human race and even his family and saw much more nobility in the horse race that he met.

Gulliver's Travels was never meant to be a children's book - it was a satire of the times Swift lived in which still works pretty much for today.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
What Tony said. Gulliver's Travels is a travelogue, kind of a travel diary, so it had no overall plot. It's been a long time since I read it, but if there is a changing point, it would be near the very end. It's possible that Gulliver decides to stop traveling or is too old to travel any more; if so, then that could be what you're looking for. I'm pretty sure that he begins to take much better care of his horses, which makes some sense to us (though perhaps not to the extremes that he goes to), but it would have been considered ridiculous at the time Swift wrote the book.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I should point out that I didn't start this thread. The original poster turned out to be a spammer and was banned. They asked about the ending of the book.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Tonyblack said:
I can't remember the last time I had a boiled egg, but definitely pointy end. ;)
Tut. Bigendian here, because it makes it so much easier to get the spoon in. Then I dump the whole contents onto toast. :whistle:

User Menu

Newsletter