Chance to see Terry in London

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Could not manage it as I was on the plane then, maybe just as well as I am booked to see Alice in Wonderland at the Imax cinema in the afternoon, my mate has booked the tickets and he would be a bit peeved if I said I can't go because I was going to see Pterry on a radio show. :(

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
poohcarrot said:
Good luck Pinflod! :p

If you take any photos, try not to lose them before you get back home (again!) :laugh:
Thanks Coohparrot. Got my confirmation today and looking forward to next Monday. If I get the chance to take any piccies, I promise not to lose them this time! :laugh:

(The ones you refer to were on the old print and negative format - they were one of the few possessions that I really regret not having any more)

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
Thanks Tony and Pooh. I went last night but was too knackered by the time I got back to post.

I started off by very briefly meeting Rob at the theatre, but we didn't have time to talk much beyond the introductions and afterwards I had to leave straight away for my train back to Worthing, so I missed the after-show drinks.

The show itself was excellent with Terry in great form. If you didn't know better, you wouldn't realize that he has alzheimers. His wit and quickness of mind was evident throughout the (almost) two hour recording - I have no idea how they are going to edit it into a half-hour programme. The other guests were a New Scientist physics correspondant and author (I think his name was Mike Marshall), and comedian Shappi Khorsandi. I won't go into detail about the show but I thought Terry and Mike exchanging views was actually funnier than the professional comedians who seemed a bit out of their depth (as was I) when the topics were about quantum, infinite multiverses, and Omega Point Theory. :eek: o_O:

Also, the subject of Terry Pratchett, two Brownies, and a rubber chicken came up. PMSL :laugh: For those who maybe haven't heard the story (I hadn't up until last night), I shall remain silent until after the broadcast, scheduled for Monday 10th May.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
OK, finished listening to it now, and there was no mention of a rubber chicken. So you have to tell!

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
Sorry Dotsie. Its a shame they left it out. I can't remember enough of the story now to do it justice but it consisted of something like a fake book signing for charity, the Brownies running in and tying him up, before attacking him with a rubber chicken. This was all to the bewilderment of the onlookers who had no idea of what was going on. (Copolymer, eat your heart out. ;) )

Actually, i'm afraid its really become a 'you had to be there' moment although you might find it worthwhile asking him personally at conference, if you get a chance. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter