Comics for Children

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Thirding Asterix! I grew up with those books, re-reading them all the time, and they grew up with me - when I was six, most of it went right over my head, then, each time I went back to it, I understood another reference or a new joke (even now, I intend to re-read the whole collection next time I visit my parents; I'm sure there are jokes still to be discovered about politics in the 70s or whatever)
And I saw some of the Lucky Luke albums had been translated in English too - another institution in France, same writer, highly recommended!

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
It was comics that got me into reading in the first place from a very young age. I started out with the 'Beano' and still have, in my haphazard collection of old comics, my very first one from 1966. :laugh: I also used to get 'Action' (before it was discontinued for being too violent) and '2000AD'. I was rather upset when the first 100 mint editions were accidentally thrown out in a clearance. :(

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
poohcarrot said:
Tonyblack said:
Wrecks said:
For those of you here who read comics and may have kids. Or just like the kids related titles. What are some you or your kids read?
This wouldn't have anything to do with your website, would it?
I assumed you'd been deleting links, Tony. 8)
No, not at all. I'm just noticing that Wrecks homepage button
links to a site that sells comics. :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I once wrote to the Beano (I was around 30 at the time) to tell them how much I loved their comic and especially a character they had in there at the time named Sweeney Toddler. I got a really nice letter back along with a whole bunch of artwork. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter