DISCWORLD IN CATALAN!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
Hi guys! I still can't belive it!!!!! :love::love::love::love:

The other day I found a out a little catalan publishing house will start translating Discworld! AAAAahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

We still don't know which title will come out first in November, but they said their intention is to translate them ALL (including the ones that didn't even get translated to Spanish, like the Science of Discworld)

https://twitter.com/MaiMesLlibres

I heard the translator is a massive fan of Pratchett, so I'm feeling quite confident about the translation, but I'll start praying they don't mess this up!! Oh! And we are getting new covers thanks to a local artist... This is going to be soooo interesting!!!! Wish us good luck!!!

Mx

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia

Mai Més Llibres has finally announced the first two Discworld books that are going to come out in November... Are you ready??

EQUAL RITES & GUARDS! GUARDS!

I'm afraid we couldn't keep the "Equal rites" pun in Catalan, so they are using a "kind of" literal translation.

I'm so excited (yes, even MORE!) because "Equal Rites" was my first Discworld book (and I normally encourage people to start reading Discworld with either "Equal Rites" or "Guards! Guards"). Oh, and did I tell you they are going to be hardback editions? :cool:

Ok... that's all for now!! I'll keep you updated!

Mx

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
Ok, more news! :love: Catalan fans just found out the new logo for Discworld books...

They've called the series "Refugi A'Tuin" (A'Tuin Haven). Mai Més Llibres also wants to publish other Pratchett books apart from Discworld.

Aaand.... I just wanted to let you now I've created a Twitter account for catalan Pratchett fans (which I just can't believe didn't exist yet! :eek:)

Discmón.png

https://twitter.com/PratchettCat

Bye for now!

Mx

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
OK, ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?????????????

These are the Catalan covers for "Guards! Guards!" and "Equal Rights". They look a little bit young adult because Mai Més Llibres is trying to engage teenagers and young generations to read them.

As you can see, there's a main character in the spotlight in each of them, and that's the style they are going to follow. «41 books with 41 essential characters to capture the Discworld!»

SOOOOO, WHAT DO YOU THINK? :love:

Mx

User Menu

Newsletter