Discworld Maps

Welcome to the Official Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the official Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Have any of you here got the Discworld maps? I think they are brilliant. :laugh:

Nanny Ogg's Cook Book is an amusing read too & you can make the recipes.

Jinx

Lance-Corporal
Jul 27, 2008
Glasgow, UK
www.j1nx3d.tk
Assuming you're still not a troll ;) , I have the Ankh-Morpork and Discworld maps. I think there's more than a few people here who will have multiple copies of each, though.

Keep meaning to pick up Nanny Ogg's Cookbook, but haven't got round to it. :(

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Jinx said:
Assuming you're still not a troll ;) , I have the Ankh-Morpork and Discworld maps. I think there's more than a few people here who will have multiple copies of each, though.

Keep meaning to pick up Nanny Ogg's Cookbook, but haven't got round to it. :(
I don't think so, no, flesh & blood, me :laugh:
You should get the cook book, it's fun. :laugh:

Sadly my pc refuses to let me in your link. But I'll try again later. Bye for now.

Jul 26, 2008
Finland
I love cooking and have tried lots of recipes from the cookbook. Special Secret Sauce is especially good with ice cream. And Wow-wow sauce with a good stake is heaven!

By the way, there seems to be an error in the Dried Frog Pills recipe. It says 30 g icing sugar, but it probably should be 300g. There was some discussion of this in another forum some time ago, and a lot of people (me included) said that the recipe wont work with only 30g.

Jul 26, 2008
Finland
I've got all the maps.

I think they should do new editions of the Discworld map and the Map of Ankh-Morpork. There's been loads of books since they were made and there's a lot of new stuff to add to them.

Jinx

Lance-Corporal
Jul 27, 2008
Glasgow, UK
www.j1nx3d.tk
Just gave me a funny thought, imagine an imp-powered sat-nav system on the Disc?
Vimes wouldn't need one of course, but Sybil would probably still buy him one. That'd be an interesting sight to see. :laugh:

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
got allthe maps and nany oggs cookbook.
couple of years ago i was saving up to buy my misses a present for her birthday and was hiding it in the forementioned cookbook when my misses thought it would be good to try one of the recipes and found the £300 she went spare until she found out what it was for. she said it was my own fault for cooking the books :laugh: :laugh:

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I am not a good cook, in fact I hate to cook, but I did enjoy reading it.

I'll have to try some of the recipes. They sound fun Katariina.

I like the idea of an imp powered sat nav too, Jinx

Your post gave me a chuckle, Chris.

I like the map of Death's Domain. I also want his horse, I love Binky.

Annebn

Constable
Jul 25, 2008
Germany
I have the cookbook, and loved reading it, but I haven't tried any of the recepies.
I also have all the maps (at least in theory- I've let someone borrow the Discworld map a long time ago, and haven't seen it since). I agree with Katariina, that the Discworld and (especially) Ankh Morpork ones could probably do with new versions.

Book of the Month

Moving Pictures

"Holy wood is a different sort of place. People act differently here. Everywhere else the most important things are gods or money or cattle. Here, the most important thing is to be important."

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter