Discworld Monopoly

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Christoph81 said:
I can, however, tell you the reasoning behind the tokens. They are: A shoe, Gaspode, A wineglass, Maurice, Dwarf gold, Wizard’s hat, Seamstresses tool, King Harry’s cart, The monstrous regiment, A vampire’s diary.
I left the witches out because they aren’t from AM (So that’s why my the cat is Maurice and not Greebo).
The shoe could be Vimes's boot for his boots theory. The wineglass could be Reannual wine. An alternative token could be the top hat, for Moist von Lipwig's Banker Hat.

Christoph81 said:
Also, on a final note, I wish to stress that that picture of Vimes in the top right corner isn’t mine. I have however forgotten who it is from. I believe highly in fair-usage but credit where’s credit due.
The drawing of Vimes is by Tealin on Deviantart.

=Tamar

Christoph81

Lance-Constable
Nov 12, 2015
=Tamar said:
The drawing of Vimes is by Tealin on Deviantart
Great, thanks!
So, yes the art credits goes to Tealin.

Also thanks for your suggestions about the tokens. The Lipwig-one crossed my mind (I left it out for some reason). The boot theory -however- how could I forget that?! Brilliant!

Anyway, thanks everybody for your nice comments. Here are some fixes to mistakes mentioned.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
May I suggest... the picture of Nobby (on the jail square) is not very clear... it's a little 'smudged', for lack of a better word. Is there any way to make it clearer? ;)

Otherwise, this looks fantastic... well done... *clap clap clap* :)

Christoph81

Lance-Constable
Nov 12, 2015
RathDarkblade said:
May I suggest... the picture of Nobby (on the jail square) is not very clear... it's a little 'smudged', for lack of a better word. Is there any way to make it clearer? ;)
Yeah I know, that was a placeholder that stuck around. I made a quick fix to the one above. But I’m open for better suggestions.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
I'm so embarrassed. I could have sworn that picture of Vimes with the dragon was by Tealin. I just found it again and it's signed JessKat83. I don't know whether that was an old name Tealin used or a different person.

Christoph81

Lance-Constable
Nov 12, 2015
=Tamar said:
I'm so embarrassed. I could have sworn that picture of Vimes with the dragon was by Tealin. I just found it again and it's signed JessKat83. I don't know whether that was an old name Tealin used or a different person.
I don't think there's a reason to be embarrassed. When you said the name Tealin it rang a bell (she also made some impressive Harry Potter art). So I think Tealin and JessKat are the same person.

User Menu

Newsletter