Doctor Who 2014

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Looks like a toned-down Pertwee.

So, lately, I've been listening to a bunch of Big Finish audios, namely Oh No It Isn't! (the first in a Doctor Who spinoff based on novel character Professor Bernice Summerfield), The Valley of Death (originally meant for Tom Baker's time, and written for him based on an initial outline), Doctor Who and the Pirates (featuring Bill Oddie as a psychotic pirate and a musical third episode), and Colditz (a historical with a time travel twist).

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
I've finally taken the plunge and listened to the Big Finish 50th Anniversary special, The Light at the End. Not perfect, a bit simple, but immensely enjoyable, and a fanboy's dream come alive. It certainly was more entertaining than The Day of the Doctor, albeit by a small margin.

Jan 23, 2014
Just saw the photo and the jacket and DMs look good but what the hell is going on with the trousers? They're all over the shop. Has he twisted them round for some reason?

Jan 23, 2014
Not really. They should last you for years if you look after them with the occassional polish. I'm looking for about 10 years use out of mine. So that works out at £9 a year. So if you can afford the initial expense, they're a bit of a bargain.

I just realised.... It's the Samuel Vimes 'Boots' Theory of Economic Injustice!

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I had a pair of leather cowboy boots I loved fitted like a glove very comfy, in the 10 years or so for the sole n' heeling it would have been cheaper to buy new boots every 2 years but could never find a pair like them again.

User Menu

Newsletter