Doctor Who novels and comics (which ones are good?)

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Beyond Birthday

Lance-Corporal
Nov 11, 2010
I've heard about The Good Dalek (is that any good?) and I'm most interested in what people call the good Eighth Doctor books.

I'd also like canon stuff only. Help?

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
If you can get a hold of them (unlikely, as they seem to be getting rarer and rarer nowadays), I can recommend the following books...

All-Consuming Fire by Andy Lane (the Doctor + Sherlock Holmes= pure awesome)

Lungbarrow by Marc Platt (the Doctor's origins revealed, or are they?)

Goth Opera by Paul Cornell (the fifth Doctor versus vampires)

The Romance of Crime by Gareth Roberts (the Doctor trying to find out about an apparently resurrected psychic killer)

The Shadow of Weng-Chiang by David A McIntee (an excellent sequel to The Talons of Weng-Chiang)

Who Killed Kennedy? by Ed Bishop (the events of the UNIT stories, as told from the point of view of a journalist...)

Alien Bodies by Lawrence Miles (the Doctor finds something frightening from his future...)

Unnatural History by Kate Orman and Jonathan Blum (the Doctor investigating weirdness in San Francisco, including a collector of impossible creatures...)

Interference by Lawrence Miles (this two book saga...well, you should read it)

The Taking of Planet 5 by Mark Clapham and Simon Bucher-Jones (the Doctor versus what appears to be Lovecraftian creatures, as well as the fate of the Fendahl...)

The Ancestor Cell by Stephen Cole and Peter Anghelides (the conclusion of the BBC Books version of the Time War...)

Players by Terrance Dicks (the sixth Doctor and Peri investigate alien interference in the life of Winston Churchill)

The Quantum Archangel by Craig Hinton (a story involving the sixth Doctor, Mel, the Master, and the Chronovores, a sequel to The Time Monster)

Zeta Major by Simon Messingham (a sequel to Planet of Evil with the fifth Doctor)

Illegal Alien by Mike Tucker and Steven Perry (an adaptation of a script that nearly was, involving the Cybermen in London, during the Blitz...)

User Menu

Newsletter