Edge Chronicles

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

theoldlibrarian

Lance-Corporal
Dec 30, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
As part of my job I have to read a lot of children's novels, I have read Redwall, series of Unfortunate EVents, Spiderwick and Dragonwing.
I was wondering if anybody else out there has read the Edge Chronicles by Paul Stewart. Basically, their world is situated on a giant piece of rock jutting out into the sky. So if you have read Edge C, what did you think?
I found them very fun and very well written. These are the closest children's books to Pratchett's that I have read.

theoldlibrarian

Lance-Corporal
Dec 30, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Yeah, my job is amazing, I get to read many fine books and talk to the best people of all, children.
The twig series are definitely the best but the world they live in is so richly imaginative and also scary at the best of times. Like Discworld it develops through the series (I think there's ten so far and several smaller books) As far as children's fantasy goes Edge Chronicles certainly leads the way.

Bron H

Jan 12, 2012
Powys, Mid Wales
I love these books :laugh:
They are what first got me into reading and i have read all of them all, including Immortals. Which in my opinion is the best one.
They are up there in my fave authours with Darren Shan, Anthony Horowitz and ofcourse Terry Pratchett
I highly recomend the edge chronicles if you are a fan of fantasy

Tris

Constable
Mar 25, 2012
I've read all 10 books in The Edge Chronicles, and I loved all of them. I tried to get my friends to read them, but they looked at the cover and said that it was "boring." What happened to "Never judge a book by its cover"? Your job sounds awesome. But I'm not an adult, so I can't have a job yet, but your job has been added to my dream jobs list. :)

Tris

Constable
Mar 25, 2012
Ooooh... I read the books last year and I didn't know about that... *goes off to library website to place a hold*

User Menu

Newsletter