Elizabeth Moon

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jan 1, 2010
Since I can't see this topic on here already I thought I'd start it:

Has anyone else read any of her work and what do you think?

For those who haven't come across her there's a fantasy series called The Deed of Paksenarrion with a tough minded heroine (well most of the time)

also a couple of science fiction series with refreshingly different characters and "universes" and some very entertaining anachronisms :laugh:

Oct 10, 2009
italy-genova
I don't know her, but since I'm taking notes on what I'll go searching as soon as I can afford to buy a new book, can you tell me what is the first book of the Paksenarrion series and maybe something about it to help me understand if it's the kind of book I'll like?
:laugh:

Jan 1, 2010
I certainly can Crysania 1st book is "Sheepfarmer's Daughter" its about a girl who runs off to become a mercenary, story covers lots of battles, travel to different parts of world, evil etc - fairly typical fantasy starting point but well written and entertaining

if you want more details just ask :)

Oct 10, 2009
italy-genova
Doughnut Jimmy said:
I certainly can Crysania 1st book is "Sheepfarmer's Daughter" its about a girl who runs off to become a mercenary, story covers lots of battles, travel to different parts of world, evil etc - fairly typical fantasy starting point but well written and entertaining

if you want more details just ask :)
Just a little thing, since you're so nice :p : with "typical fantasy" you mean there's good-bad magic involved, imaginary worlds, different races kind of thing?

Jan 1, 2010
crysania wrote said:
you mean there's good-bad magic involved, imaginary worlds, different races kind of thing?
thats all pretty much true (what I was actually thinking was that a young person running away from home to explore the world is a fairly typical start to a fantasy adventure but clearly there were subtle undertones to my words I hadn't noticed) :laugh:

ps I'm not very nice I just like talking about books :laugh: :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter