Enrico Basilica needed

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
I am directing an amateur production of Maskerade to be put on at The Place Theatre Bedford; week commencing September 19. I need a large gentleman to play the tenor Enrico Basilica (Henry Slugg) in Stephen Briggs Adaptation. Rehearsals are Tuesdays and Thursdays at Wootton Village Hall. :laugh:

Jun 30, 2010
Hi Bayleaf

I shall be directing Maskerade next July at the Corn Exchange in Wallingford and would love to sharing thoughts and ideas with you about some of the technical challenges if you're interested?

I did try and persuade Stephen Briggs to let me put in the scene at the Inn where Granny plays poker with Death but I failed... :rolleyes:

Bickaxe

Corporal
Jul 25, 2008
Newport
grumbly_frown said:
Hi Bayleaf

I shall be directing Maskerade next July at the Corn Exchange in Wallingford and would love to sharing thoughts and ideas with you about some of the technical challenges if you're interested?

I did try and persuade Stephen Briggs to let me put in the scene at the Inn where Granny plays poker with Death but I failed... :rolleyes:
Ooh, provided we're still in the area, may very well come and see that

Maskerade

Bickaxe said:
grumbly_frown said:
Hi Bayleaf

Ooh, provided we're still in the area, may very well come and see that
I will post details of the play nearer the time. At the moment casting is a bit of a problem.

Jun 30, 2010
Greebo

Been producing Our Country's Good hence the absence (12th-16th October).

Greebo is a real stumper... toy stuffed cat is all I've ever seen and I wouldn't want that either. I saw a production of the Truth with a human dressed as Gaspode. I checked animatronic cats - very very very expensive.

Transformation from cat to human is ok but human to cat will need to be handled very carefully without it becoming total pantomime... (although maybe we could work that in...:)

Broomswordstick will apparently need all kinds of idiocy to transfer to and from the theatre according to law and H&S.

And unfortunately at the CX flying people is not something we can do (so I'm told :-} )

Still - there's a while to go yet

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Maybe a person dressed as a cat on all fours is the best way to go. Even a man wearing just a mask will work through the Magic of Theatre. People don't expect too much realism at the theatre - they expect to use their imaginations.

It would certainly make the transformation scenes easier. The important thing is the actor act like a cat when he's a cat and like a man when transformed. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter