Favourite Guitar Solo

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
Phill,

I've been a Pink Floyd fan since 1967. Over the last couple of days I have kind gone on about this :oops: so I decided that if I put Comfortably Numb on this thread I might get pulled for it.
Thanks for making sure it claimed its rightful place in this thread.

Timeless.

Phill

Lance-Constable
Nov 10, 2009
Cumbria UK
Mortimer Postlethwaite said:
Phill,

I've been a Pink Floyd fan since 1967. Over the last couple of days I have kind gone on about this :oops: so I decided that if I put Comfortably Numb on this thread I might get pulled for it.
Thanks for making sure it claimed its rightful place in this thread.

Timeless.
I can only claim to have been a fan since 87 but then again I'm only 32 :laugh: It's just very emotive playing, not flashy how many notes stuff, gives me goosebumps everytime still.

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
Phill said:
I can only claim to have been a fan since 87 but then again I'm only 32 :laugh: It's just very emotive playing, not flashy how many notes stuff, gives me goosebumps everytime still.
I remember being 32....Just. :laugh:

The Goosebumps never go away.

If you’ve never seen Pink Floyd live then you want to see if you can get hold of a live DVD.

P.U.L.S.E. is a good one to go for not only for the music but because this lady is one of the backing singers! :oops:

The DVD was filmed at Earls Court so it was a gig in their home town and they certainly turned it on the night it was filmed.

Hope you manage to find a copy.

Phill

Lance-Constable
Nov 10, 2009
Cumbria UK
Mortimer Postlethwaite said:
Phill said:
I remember being 32....Just. :laugh:

The Goosebumps never go away.

If you’ve never seen Pink Floyd live then you want to see if you can get hold of a live DVD.

P.U.L.S.E. is a good one to go for not only for the music but because this lady is one of the backing singers! :oops:

The DVD was filmed at Earls Court so it was a gig in their home town and they certainly turned it on the night it was filmed.

Hope you manage to find a copy.

Yes I have PULSE tbh I've got just about everything they've done including solo albums, got quite a few bootlegs as well including the show on the Animals tour where Waters spat at one of the audience :eek: David Gilmour At The Royal Albert Hall is one of my favourite live Dvd's EVER ! :)

chuffed

Lance-Corporal
Mar 12, 2010
2.40 for this one! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMkU-Qf_3N0

and no mickey taking! yes it's an oldie and not fast or particularly tricky BUT it rocks and got me into playing the guitar, and best of all recently learnt it! (then again I have just learnt the wallace and gromit theme tune too!)

theoldlibrarian

Lance-Corporal
Dec 30, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
The guitar solo at the start of Hurt By Johnny Cash is simple but brilliant and the six chords that compromise 7 nation army by The White Stripes is great. But the best of all of them has to be from Stair Way To Heaven by Led Zeppelin

Book of the Month

Good Omens

"Pratchett’s wackiness collaborates with Gaiman’s morbid humour; the result is a humanist delight to be savoured and read again and again."

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter