SPOILERS Good Omens new trailer now on Youtube

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Good Omens, the tv-movie, has progressed to the point that a trailer has been posted! Gaiman referred to "Easter Eggs" being in it, but most of the rapid clips are of moments from the story, not the homages to Sir pTerry like the hat in the bookshop. I admit I hadn't expected Crowley to be quite so hissy, but it seems to come and go. I like what they did with his eyes. Aziraphale isn't what I had imagined but I still like the result.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
I didn't notice too much "hissy" there from Crowley, but even if it's there...
consider who Crowley was in The Garden.

I don't usually read notes on Youtube, but I quite like this comment:

A note for Americans and other aliens: Milton Keynes is a new city approximately halfway between London and Birmingham. It was built to be modern, efficient, healthy, and, all in all, a pleasant place to live. Many Britons find this amusing.
It's been ages since I read the book, so I can't remember what Milton Keynes has to do with Good Omens. Is it
where Adam is born?

Oh, and yes ... I wonder when
Bohemian Rhapsody
will come into the picture. :) I'm not looking forward to the burning bookshop scene, but I'm very much looking forward to
the two demons confronting Crowley, any excerpt from Agnes Nutter's diary, and any scene that involves the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
Not to mention
Sgt Shadwell and Private Pulsifer, or Anathema Device, or the kids or... oh yes - the man who walks his dog in the village and gets upset about everything and writes to his local paper!!!
That always cracks me up.

"Dear sir, I wish to complain about the instance in which a Bentley on fire is allowed to pollute the streets of our fair village..."
*LOL!*

I suppose that us Aussie provincials won't get to see this until, perhaps, a few months after its UK debut. But I'm glad it will be a series and not an hour-long-movie or a 2-hour movie. There are simply so many good things in the book that it would be a shame to cut them. Not least of which is the following:

I DON'T CARE WHAT IT SAYS. I NEVER LAID A FINGER ON HIM.

(And for those of you who don't know what that means ... it's time to read, or re-read, the book!) :-D

And ... oh. The spoiler tag doesn't work... :-(

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
The new promotional video shows the opening credits for Good Omens. Frankly, I'm underwhelmed. Gaiman posted on Twitter that the CGI monster is Leviathan, but I'm still a little worried.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
The opening titles sequence, which was mentioned here in February.

EDITED (thanks, ThinkingFox!) to remove spoilerish image.
It's called:
Good Omens: Opening Title Sequence
and it's on Youtube.

Last edited:

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
I like the opening sequence very much. ;) Just the right amount of off-beat-ishness (I don't care if that's not a word, 'cos I just made it up!) :)

Sigh ... I hope we don't have to wait too long to see it here in Oz. How is it that TV has loads and loads of utter rubbish, but wonderful things like this come along about once in a blue moon? :(

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I like the opening sequence very much. ;) Just the right amount of off-beat-ishness (I don't care if that's not a word, 'cos I just made it up!) :)

Sigh ... I hope we don't have to wait too long to see it here in Oz. How is it that TV has loads and loads of utter rubbish, but wonderful things like this come along about once in a blue moon? :(
Blame it on the blue moon Rath, if there were more of them you might get more goodies on the TV.;):mrgreen:

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Love it! :) I especially love the Queen soundtrack - the choice of "Under Pressure" is inspired :)

(All right, now I must ask: how many Millennials - i.e. children born after the year 2000 - would recognise that song, or even know who Queen is? Oh, and I'm not including any Millennials who were introduced to Queen by their parents. As if kids ever listen to their parents, anyway...) ;)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I'm going to have to disagree with you Rath - a millennial is someone who reached adulthood around the turn of the century, so would be in their late 30s by now.

As for 18/19 year olds, why not include their parents? Parents provide the biggest musical influences for more than half a child's life, if you discount this then the only influence a teen has is from their peers, so they couldn't have realistically been introduced to Queen except by accident (or their peers parents).

There's more to life than Queen anyway. I have a video of sticky midget 2 singing along to 'Bring the Noise' by Public Enemy :p Have you heard of them? :mrgreen:

Feb 23, 2019
Heard of Public Enemy, yes. I'm not a big fan of hip hop or rap.

What do you call people born after the year 2000, then?
Generation Z apparently! I'm pretty sure they would have started a little earlier in the alphabet if they knew we were going to progress alphabetically from Gen X...

User Menu

Newsletter