How to Train Your Dragon

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Fizz

Lance-Corporal
Mar 16, 2010
Ontario, Canada
www.whitesnails.com
It's spectacular. While the story line is fairly generic for a children's tale: misunderstood youth, father who refuses to see his son for who he is instead of who he wants him to be.

The animation and the voice acting are well done. Though, why people from a Norse society have slightly Scottish accents, not sure?

My favourite moments in the film are some that are without dialog.

They did a lovely job with this one.

Cheers.

Jul 25, 2008
Newport
Jan Van Quirm said:
Oh good! I was looking at this one and wondering if I should see it instead of Clash of the Titans. You've just saved me tossing a coin - thanks Fizz! :laugh:
I've seen How to Train Your Dragon and Clash of the Titans.

Avoid Clash of the Titans is all I can say. How to Train Your Dragon is brilliant and funny and if it didn't cost so much, I would go see it again

Jun 17, 2010
But really the story is about a father and chief of the Vikings who has a young son, Hiccup, who is small and who is a slick, sarcastic talker and who doesn't take orders well, but still seeks respect from his impressive father. At first, his Father will not let his son be a warrior Viking, but later relents to have Hiccup train with the other youngsters. But the young boy gets sidetracked and instead of wanting to kill dragons, the boy befriends them and seeks to understand them.

User Menu

Newsletter