i shall wear midnight

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Dec 28, 2010
Help needed please,where can i get a new Dust cover for i shall wear midnight,as i tore the cover whilst opening the present at xmas,thanks from Dav

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi Dave and welcome! :laugh:

I suspect there's not going to be an easy answer to this - short of buying another copy. I don't believe that publishers print extra dust covers.

Sellotape applied from the back of the cover may be your best bet for now. Then, in a few years, look for a cheap copy online.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
In the meantime, think of the copy you have as the kind of copy that would actually be given to a witch as payment--a second-hand copy, maybe not in the greatest shape on the surface, but certainly still usable on the inside.

:laugh:

J-I-B

Or, and I know I'm going to cop some flak for this suggestion, you could put your name down on the list to borrow it from your local library as soon as it comes in, then just swap the covers over. After a couple of months those library ones are all tattered and dog-eared anyway...

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Danny B said:
Or, and I know I'm going to cop some flak for this suggestion, you could put your name down on the list to borrow it from your local library as soon as it comes in, then just swap the covers over. After a couple of months those library ones are all tattered and dog-eared anyway...
Our library covers all have a heavy plastic cover glued over them. You are a BAD BAD BAD Danny!

Dave. BAD you for ripping open your Christmas presents! Serves you right! If you are a "collector" then go buy a new book... otherwise buy some sticky tape and use it on the inside like Tony said.

That doesn't always happen over here, del. Especially with books that have long waiting lists and endless questions about when they go on the shelves from impatient readers, like the latest by TP, James Patterson or Dan Brown. They tend to get put on once the demand slows down a bit and the book is no longer on a merry-go-round of being taken out without actually hitting the shelves. :twisted:

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter