Life

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

MattK

Lance-Corporal
Jul 2, 2009
Lancaster, PA
blog.mattkeen.com
I don't know if anyone has seen Life on NBC here in the states, but I highly recommend it. It's about a cop who was framed for murder, went to prison for 12 years, was exonerated, and went back to the LAPD as a detective. The writing is excellent, the long-term plot actually advances, major bad guys come and go (surprisingly at times), the acting is great--especially Damien Lewis.

Anyway, check it out if you can--I believe the entire second season is at NBC.com--it's one of the few TV shows I watch.

Apr 29, 2009
London
One of the ITV digital channels (4 or 3, can't remember) is showing it.

I have the 1st season on DVD, but haven't watched them all yet.

Sadly, the network has now cancelled it.

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
Life is on ITV3, which is unfortunate as the digital signal in our area isn't very good, and I refuse to get a satellite dish.
I was watching Life on Wednesday and once again, I lost the signal with only 15 minutes of the programme remaining.
I'm hoping that the repeat tonight will be OK.

I'm not convinced by Damien's accent though.

MattK

Lance-Corporal
Jul 2, 2009
Lancaster, PA
blog.mattkeen.com
Batty said:
I'm not convinced by Damien's accent though.
Really? I didn't know he was British until I heard him speak on a behind the scenes thing on Band of Brothers. And even now that I know, it's hard to hear anything wrong with his accent.

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
Really? I sit corrected then!
I thought that his accent was too mid-Atlantic, but I'm obviously wrong. Oops!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Batty said:
Really? I sit corrected then!
I thought that his accent was too mid-Atlantic, but I'm obviously wrong. Oops!
Yep he's certainly British - I saw the documentary of Band of Brothers as well and was quite surprised he was British. :laugh:

Damian Lewis

Actually, I was surprised at how many Brits were in Band of Brothers - including Marc Warren who played Teatime in Hogfather.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I think Simon Pegg was in it too. It's where he met new BFF David Schwimmer.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Dotsie said:
I think Simon Pegg was in it too. It's where he met new BFF David Schwimmer.
I must admit I wondered why on earth they'd chosen David Schwimmer for the series - he's an awful actor! But then I got the book and saw a picture of Sobel, the character he was playing:

I can't imagine anyone else playing the role now. :laugh:

60ablaze

Feb 2, 2011
Fabilous TV series, really enjoyed watching. Too bad it doesn't air any longer. Is it off the air for good or will it return? recaps & reviews

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome to the site! :laugh: I don't have an answer to your question I'm afraid.

Book of the Month

Good Omens

"Pratchett’s wackiness collaborates with Gaiman’s morbid humour; the result is a humanist delight to be savoured and read again and again."

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter