NARNIA film

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Second was the better book but thought the first film was a bit better.
They messed a little too much with the proper story in the second.

DaveC

Sergeant
Jul 7, 2010
Portishead, UK
davecfilmgeek.tumblr.com
pip said:
Only read the books once, my memory is more of the BBC series from when I was a nipper, loved it at the time.

Still mean to get the DVDs of them sometime too. :)

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
DaveC said:
pip said:
Only read the books once, my memory is more of the BBC series from when I was a nipper, loved it at the time.

Still mean to get the DVDs of them sometime too. :)
Its been years since i've seen them.
Definitelya nice set to pick up at some point.

Tiffany

Sergeant
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I think the BBC version was better. I have both on DVD. Having written that, the effects in the film were better as it was more recent, but I still prefered the BBC's take on it.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Tiffany said:
I think the BBC version was better. I have both on DVD. Having written that, the effects in the film were better as it was more recent, but I still prefered the BBC's take on it.
More thought can be put in when the special effects aren't available. and the BBC adaption is a good example of this. :laugh:

DaveC

Sergeant
Jul 7, 2010
Portishead, UK
davecfilmgeek.tumblr.com
pip said:
Tiffany said:
More thought can be put in when the special effects aren't available. and the BBC adaption is a good example of this. :laugh:
Both versions do drag, though, considering how short the books are.

Dec 4, 2010
Nova Scotia Canada
The trailer was on this past Wednesday, when we went to see Harry Potter DH. It looks excellent. I have to say though, i was bored silly with the books. I could not finish them. (takes cover)

I had them on tape...I don't think I'd have read them though. The only one I really liked as a child was the Horse and His Boy, and I don't think they'll make that one into a movie. *sadface*

I've only seen the first film and I think it's one of those things that 'cause it probably influenced later writers it now seems pretty generic. Even though it was new at the time...

I've also never really been into sickly messages of love and hope...But then I'm just bitter :laugh:

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
BatrickPatrick said:
I had them on tape...I don't think I'd have read them though. The only one I really liked as a child was the Horse and His Boy, and I don't think they'll make that one into a movie. *sadface*

I've only seen the first film and I think it's one of those things that 'cause it probably influenced later writers it now seems pretty generic. Even though it was new at the time...

I've also never really been into sickly messages of love and hope...But then I'm just bitter :laugh:

Yep! Thats what I hated too. Minus the bitter part..... The teen has only just learnt it has religious connotations... but then we aren't a religious household. My little one says: Mummy, how come some people believe in God? I tell her... Well honey? You know how YOU believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy and some kids your age don't? Well its like that! to which she said: Yes but I know Santa is real.... HE brings presents! :laugh: Bless her little heart. She does have a point though.

Aug 12, 2010
Bristol
having watched film 2 last week, I have literally just finished 3, I enjoyed it I have a thing for dragons and mystical creatures its worth a watch but it wont be added to best film of all time category.
the effects were pretty good would be better viewed in a cinema and 3d version will add to the experience =]

I think it was better than the 2nd film :)

spoilers= contains dragon, mermaids,sea serpents.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I wonder if they'll make a movie of the last book. There's a scene in there that came as a bit of a shock to me when I read it the first time. :eek:

Spoiler below - click three times to reveal the text - unless you haven't read the book. ;)
spoilers said:
Just about everyone gets killed when a train crashes into the platform they are standing on.

(I have the omnibus- great for a door stop and, this morning, an emergancy hammer also for standing on to reach high shelves)

1st thime I read the last battle- got bored and didn't finish it
2nd time- got bored again (I was 8. And had already read his dark materials. Compared to that, this was BORING)
3rd- realised it was all about religeon and gave up (aged 9)
4th- Realised that it openly said that all the athiests die and don't go to heaven and you are meant to be happy about this and condemmed the book to doorstopper status.

User Menu

Newsletter