New NADWCon Forum!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RSoak

Constable
Oct 8, 2012
Frisco, TX
Who's Wee Dug said:
I had a look at the flight prices to Baltimore they are around about £900 from here so it looks like I won't be going. :( not with two other Worldcons Fantasy and the SF one registered for next year.
Don't know if you have Kayak over there, but it's a smart phone app that lets you plug in a flight and dates and then monitors prices and let's you know when they change (either up or down). I use it a lot for trips like this.

Also, just in general if you can swing the days airfare usually drops significantly it your travel days are mid-week. For example I just ran it for GLA-BWI July 3-9 and it came back at $1,187 (£738). Admittedly that's on Delta with 2 stops...but still.

LHR-BWI for the same days is £587 (still Delta, but only 1 stop). Although clearly you'd have to get to London.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Thanks RSoak I know about kayak and the other similar sites, I still fly down to London quite a few times as I lived there a for long time, when I get an idea of the cost of the flights to San Antonio by what ever route then I will check out if it will be feasible to go to NADWcon.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
There are four of us who go together and we so we may have different opinions of what to do and how to get there as there are no direct flights from the UK so we go with the majority vote, at the mo there is London to Washington DC then San Ant. returning via New York, also Lon - Houston then S.A and Lon-Dallas /Fort Worth S.A spending a few days each way to see around the area, I checked the cost of the Lon-Was DC -NY and I discounted it due to the high cost of the flights alone about $4.500 and that did not include the hotels, so waiting to hear about Houston or Dallas F/Worth routes, as we all now live in different parts of the UK ie 2 in Scotland 1 in London and 1 in Wales where before it was three in London and one Welsh.

Ps have you heard the Joke, there was this Englishman, Scotsman,and Welshman walked into the pub....... :mrgreen:

User Menu

Newsletter