October Horror Fest.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
I didn't do it last year, or if I did I didn't write it down.

How many horror films can you watch in October in the run up to Hallowe'en?

Here's my 2009 list:

1. 02/10.09 – Doomsday
2. 05/10/09 – The Descent
3. 05/10/09 – Zombieland
4. 06/10/09 – Halloween II
5. 07/10/09 – Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
6. 13/10/09 - Friday the 13th
7. 20/10/09 – Saw VI
8. 21/10/09 – Triangle
9. 22/10/09 - Evil Dead II
10. 23/10/09 - Jennifer’s Body
11. 27/10/09 – Day Watch
12. 27/10/09 – Jeepers Creepers
13. 27/10/09 – Jeepers Creepers 2
14. 28/10/09 – From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money
15. 28/10/09 – From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman’s Daughter

Who's with me? :laugh:

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Soumds good. :laugh:

I have Insidious ready for tomorrow night and theres a few on your list i'll definitely re watch. Evil dead Trilogy will take a day and might do a Zombie weekend with friends :laugh:

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
A film can be both a horror and a comedy. :laugh:
The Army of Darkness (part 3) is definitley all comedy but the first two are a balance.
Love the ending to part 2 ( both endings cos i know dave will ask me on this)
Remember Shop Smart
Shop S Mart

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
pip said:
I have Insidious ready for tomorrow night
*snore* Could not have been less scared by that film.

I'll watch some zombie films I think, and something Japanese - those people know how to write a ghost story (watching the original Grudge I almost wet my pants).

pip said:
The Army of Darkness (part 3) is definitley all comedy but the first two are a balance.
Love the ending to part 2 ( both endings cos i know dave will ask me on this)
Remember Shop Smart
Shop S Mart
I definitely prefer the S Mart ending. :laugh: I've got the Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash comic series where he is now an area sales rep for S Mart. :laugh:

By the way, it's Part 3... ;)

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
Pocklington East Riding Yorkshire
I'll be busy that night! I have to put a few spells out, dress appropriately in Midnight and generally do witchy things. Then go to a dinner for Witches (warlocks are a Vicorian invention. Both sexes are Witches). Should be fun! (dubious).

At least I won't have to partake of barely concealed threats from 5-7 years olds regarding sweeties...I'll have eaten them all anyway! :devil:

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
meerkat said:
I'll be busy that night! I have to put a few spells out, dress appropriately in Midnight and generally do witchy things. Then go to a dinner for Witches (warlocks are a Vicorian invention. Both sexes are Witches). Should be fun! (dubious).

At least I won't have to partake of barely concealed threats from 5-7 years olds regarding sweeties...I'll have eaten them all anyway! :devil:
You'll have eaten the Children or the Sweeties :eek:

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
Pocklington East Riding Yorkshire
pip said:
meerkat said:

You'll have eaten the Children or the Sweeties :eek:
sweeties! Sweeties! I meant sweeties! :laugh:

chuffed

Lance-Corporal
Mar 12, 2010
Penfold said:
pip said:
An American Werewolf in London was one of my favourites in that genre. :laugh:
watched that for the first time last year at halloween... considering I don't watch horrors normally I enjoyed it, did scare the bejesus out of me though! mind I jump at any little thing in films, worst one is in the mummy with rachel weisz, I know her brothers laying in the coffin thing but still makes me jump everytime! :oops:
might watch again this year but not gonna go for anything more scary that's for sure! lol

User Menu

Newsletter