Pantomimes

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I was in the Cardiff city centre this morning and noticed signs for this years Panto, Sleeping Beauty "starring" Joe Pasquale*.

I realise that Panto is a very British thing, but it got me to thinking that without panto, many has-beens of stage, screen and TV would be out of work.

So, my question is: Which has-been nobody is starring in your local panto this year? :laugh:

* Joe Pasquale - sheesh! To think that they had John Barrowman a couple of years ago. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
We've got no one particularly famous with Bobby Crush being the only one that I've heard of. I never go to pantos but I do enjoy the one they show each year on the tv, with an 'all star' cast, that can contain one or two jokes for the adults. :laugh:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Ours has an actor who was in Bread, can't even remember his name, he was supposed to be the handsome one. Can't get much more obscure I think :laugh:

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
I went and saw a pantomime in Bath when I was in the UK. Indeed, I managed to persuade my mother to arrange the trip to Bath around the panto dates so I could see it. The reason? Colin Baker (whom I wouldn't call a has-been) was in the show. It was Jack and the Beanstalk, and Colin Baker was the villain, Fleshcreep.

It was...quite the experience. Seriously. Besides being strangely highly entertaining, you will never hear anything like Colin Baker singing Let's Do The Time Warp Again from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. He didn't quite hit all the notes, but he more than made up for it with that damned powerful, operatic (yes, operatic) singing voice.

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
I watched a series called Seven Dwarfs, about dwarf actors doing panto. I was really, really good.

That's hilarious about Joe Pasquale. I first heard his name on Black Books. It's in this episode around the 17:30 time mark. I thought it was a joke, especially the voice, then someone told me he was real.

Now, Joe Pasquale reads Heidi.

Alanz

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2012
I can honestly say that i have never been to a Pantomime,don't know why i've just never got riund to it, suppose i'll get round to it one day, seeing as i've got one Grandchild and another one that is imminent :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter