Rhianna Pratchett event

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Review of the Hogfather (very short)

It lasted two hours an five minutes with a break for 15 minutes after the fist half which was not included in the play time. For me the stand out actor was Sidney who played the wizard hired by Teatime, he had Nigel Planners mannerisms down pat from the film, made up to look like him too. The other one was albert with a Scottish accent instead of the cockney one in the film.
It was a sell out but I think they misjudged how many people they could fit in a row, as the seating type was long bench style, obviously did not take into account that some people are wider than others, there were a few late comers who sat down on the upper steps as they could not squeeze anymore onto the benches, I got in 15 minutes early, intime to get an upper aisle seat. it was Ok not too long and made a nice change for a Saturday afternoon 3pm start but was about 3:20pm before it actually started.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Well, if there are continual late-comers, I suppose they couldn't start until everyone was seated (otherwise, they'd disturb everyone)? Sounds considerate to me. :)

I worked in live theatre (most musical theatre) for a few years. If we had any latecomers, we'd ask them to wait with us at the door until the current song had finished. Can that be done with Discworld theatre? Obviously don't ask them to wait for the song to finish, but maybe the current scene?

Now that I think of it, it'd be nice to see a Discworld musical. :mrgreen: It'd probably never happen, but maybe "Soul Music" is the closest to that. Or "Maskerade"? "Kesta??!?! Mallydetta!!! Porter See Bloker!!!" *LOL*

User Menu

Newsletter