RIP Tony Curtis

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Well he was one of the great Hollywood actors and how can you not like someone who was a good comedian on top of being nice to look at :laugh:
My favourite movie is Some Like it Hot and his screen partnership in there with Jack Lemmon was flawless - they both supported Ms. Monroe in the best possible way so it was no surprise that the film became almost an instant classic.

RIP Tony :laugh:

DaveC said:
Rest in peace Tony. :cry:

On a side note, he shared his name with my grandpa who died when i was still a toddler. For some reason I didn't know my grandpa much as an individual so i always asscioated him with famous Tony Curtis for some reason. :oops:
I assume you mean his stage name, as his real name was Bernie Schwarz, and he was of Hungarian descent! I am afraid I always remember his earlier films, before he honed his accent - "Yornder is der carsel of my farder!" Jugula :laugh:

Jugula said:
michelanCello said:
Nooooooo!! *SHOCK* :eek:

He was a huge hero here 'cause of him being partly hungarian...

I just can't believe he died... :cry:

RIP
For you - and Budapest, one of the loveliest capital in Europe -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O_zre2iT94

and for those who do not know the Magyars, this is quite enlightening!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzDzwoErHe0&NR=1

Jugula
I knew the first one - of course ;) - but still thanks, Jugula...

But seeing this... it's really hard to believe he's gone... :(

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Jan Van Quirm said:
Well he was one of the great Hollywood actors and how can you not like someone who was a good comedian on top of being nice to look at :laugh:
My favourite movie is Some Like it Hot and his screen partnership in there with Jack Lemmon was flawless - they both supported Ms. Monroe in the best possible way so it was no surprise that the film became almost an instant classic.

RIP Tony :laugh:
I loved "Some Like It Hot"; still do. I don't know about supported though. I think Marilyn was a comic genius as were the two men. Can't think of one scene that fails in that movie.

User Menu

Newsletter