Staging Wyrd Sisters

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Stephen_H

Jul 5, 2010
Apologies if this is a thread that should really be in the "TV and Theatre" section, but this area seems more popular and the posts in the other part seem to relate mainly to non-Terry Pratchett material.

I am the publicity officer of a local drama group soon to stage "Wyrd Sisters" (full details coming to this forum soon). I don't know too much about Mr Pratchett myself, but I am being informed by members of the group that it is a condition of staging the play that two seats are left free in the audience for a possible attendance by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Briggs (who developed the theatre script).

Please could someone on this forum confirm that this is true (I'm pretty sure it is, but I want to be absolutely certain before I add it to the press release) and does anyone know if messrs Pratchett and Briggs have ever actually turned up to see the show being performed in a local venue? (ours will be in a church hall).

Thanks in advance for all advice offered.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
They used to turn up on a regular basis but I have not been to one in a while, I suppose it could be how far away you are located and what other commitments they have at the time, I don't really know about the seats but Pterry would be traveling with Rob his PA so S.Briggs would make it three and they would probably buy their tickets or give you advance warning. Good luck with your production anyway. :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome to the site, Stephen_H. :laugh:

I don't know the answer to your question, but you could try asking Stephen Briggs himself. You can find a contact email address on his website HERE.

Good Luck!

Bickaxe

Corporal
Jul 25, 2008
Newport
Where are you? Due to his many commitments, its hard for Terry to find the time to attend every Discworld play. If he's in the area then its possible I guess

Terry attends the plays in Abingdon, Oxon which are done by Mr Briggs' group and sometimes Rob and the rest of the entourage will join him. It was just Terry and his wife last time but has been known to also include his PA and wife, Bernard & Isobel (The Cunning Artificer), Colin Smythe (publisher) and sometimes a couple of others.

I've been to a couple of shows in Portsmouth and Mr Briggs and his missus were there but that was only once. Seen Terry at all shows in Abingdon in the past few years but never at a few other venues

Stephen_H

Jul 5, 2010
Thanks for the advice, everyone. An email to Stephen will be shortly on the way after which the show will be publicised on this board!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Stephen_H said:
Thanks for the advice, everyone. An email to Stephen will be shortly on the way after which the show will be publicised on this board!
If you aren't already a member, you might want to join the mailing list of Discworld Monthly that Jason our other moderator runs. It's a great way to publicise the the play as it gets to literally thousands of DW fans. ;)

User Menu

Newsletter