Star Wars VII trailer

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

fids

Lance-Corporal
Apr 29, 2011
Hereford

How good does a X Wing look over water :laugh:

It look likes Jar bloody Jar Binks has been replaced with an annoying droid.

Got a good feeling though :laugh:

Jan 23, 2014
chris.ph said:
since when are stormtroopers black, i thought they were maoris o_O: o_O: looks good though :dance:

I didn't know the stormtroopers were any particular race. Seeing as they're not actually from Earth.....

And if you mean the actors, what's 'politically correct' about it?

Jan 23, 2014
Hmmm... I've just watched the trailer and, like the last three films, they've spent a lot of money on the SFX. Let's hope that they spent some time on the plot and the dialogue for this one.

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
they were all cloned of fett miranda and as you said he wasnt human but the attributes should be the same as what they were cloned from and seeing as the original actor was a eastern islander you would think that they would get the continuity correct

dont forget lando wwd :laugh:

Jan 23, 2014
Moaning about not enough black actors in it.
Not everyone is a racist, Dug. And it's not moaning, it's asking for equality. Which most people agree with. In fact, everyone but racists.

And you can dismiss it as 'PC' as much as you like. That doesn't make it wrong.

And how about we all just wait and see who the character is, before we make assumptions?

Jan 23, 2014
chris.ph said:
they were all cloned of fett miranda and as you said he wasnt human but the attributes should be the same as what they were cloned from and seeing as the original actor was a eastern islander you would think that they would get the continuity correct
Do we know for certain the character is a storm trooper? That little glimpse looked more like an escape attempt to me.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
mirandashell said:
chris.ph said:
Do we know for certain the character is a storm trooper? That little glimpse looked more like an escape attempt to me.
Quite true but the PC crowd go over the top at times just like the Bible belt mid western's.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I think somehow they all got the wrong end of the stick, I merely replied to Chris's post about when were stormtroopers black, if they went through that process surely it would leech out the colour and leave everyone greyish, I certainly could not care less what colour they were just the continuity of the past films. And Landro was not a storm trouper Chris.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
First of all, it looks awesome!! :laugh: Very excited to see it.

Second, I don't get the comments about the black stormtrooper either. First, there could be all kinds of plot reasons why someone who's not a stormtrooper is in one of their uniforms. Second, it's my understanding that the thing where they're all clones of one man is no longer the case. And, I'll admit, my understanding on that is shaky, but I think it changed with the cartoon series?

Third, no fussing at Mir! Mir, your points were totally valid and good for you for stating them. People all over the internet are fussing about this, and the reality is.... why are we even noticing? A quote I read recently:

It is the way of history. Good people used to think one thing and then come to think something else. Often dismissed as political correctness, it is actually simple progress. And it is slow.
Something to think about.

User Menu

Newsletter