Terry in the Media

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Have you seen an article or an interview about Terry online?

Post a link to them here.

Terry was interviewed last night on BBC Radio 4's Front Row and it's available to 'listen again' HERE.

You need to click on the 'listen' link. The actual Terry bit starts at '05.30'.

Not sure how long it will be available for or if our members from outside the UK will be able to access it. :)

Jinx

Lance-Corporal
Jul 27, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Tonyblack said:
Not sure how long it will be available for or if our members from outside the UK will be able to access it. :)
Usually a week. I know this because when the Beeb had the Night Watch on radio 4 I tried to listen to the first 2 episodes again, before tuning in for the third. When it wasn't there I learned this was their standard.
I'm not sure about outside of the UK though.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Thanks Dotsie - that was really interesting and I'm kind of glad to read something about Terry that didn't just focus on his illness - as he says in the interview: That's in the Public Domain. :laugh:

Jason

Special Constable
Jul 10, 2008
Pontarddulais - Wales
discworldmonthly.co.uk
The documentary Terry Pratchett: Living with Alzheimers will be shown on BBC2 on Wednesday 4th and 11th February at 9pm.

Trailers will be broadcast between now and the transmission BBC 2:

Wednesday 21st January @ 21.59 GMT

Thursday 22nd January @ 11:59 GMT

Thursday 22nd January @ 20:00 GMT

Thursday 22nd January @ 23:36 GMT

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Thanks Tony, that was really interesting. But does Sir Terry actually class himself as a sci fi writer? The bit at the end implies a quote.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Well he has done sci-fi and the Science of the Discworld in the past and he does sometimes get quite astronomic when talking about GA'T - but I think this is the 'words put in mouth' type quote as it quite clearly says at the start of the article that "In the year since his diagnosis of early-onset Alzheimer's, Pratchett, the nation’s best-loved fantasy writer..."

Maybe the editor was worrying about repercussions from another author who thinks she might qualify on the fantasy front if not anything else? :p

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Actually, she says she's not a fantasy writer. :rolleyes: I remember Sir Terry commenting on it at the time.

User Menu

Newsletter