The Chronicles Of Narnia

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

SimStars13

Lance-Corporal
Apr 25, 2010
England
I've always loved the Narnia books, although they get dreary after repeated readings :( I never really thought about the religious stuff that much.

As to the planets theory - I read the book that talked about it and I really love the ideas and the imagery that it describes. Although the book it dull and is mainly about Lewis' other books it's a good read if you love the Narnia series or are interested in C.S.Lewis' life

Jinx

Lance-Corporal
Jul 27, 2008
Glasgow, UK
SimStars13 said:
I've always loved the Narnia books, although they get dreary after repeated readings :( I never really thought about the religious stuff that much.
I've read these books so many times now, I should audition for a part in their next film. I think for me the story is just too inviting.
Narnia is free for all to explore. That really appeals to me. When I was a kid I felt like I could go exploring anywhere in Narnia and never get lost, and I still feel like that today.

As to the planets... well I really have nothing there. *shrugs shoulders nonchalantly*

Ash

Constable
Dec 28, 2010
County Durham, UK
Narnia is a brilliant series of books and the recent film adaptions have been surprisingly good. I am hopeful they make The Magicians Nephew into a film as it is my favourite book in the series.

captainmeme

Lance-Corporal
Feb 13, 2011
Nearish Manchester
www.bbc.co.uk
I love The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe for the great amount of Christian allegory behind it (I'm a Christian). I think C.S. Lewis was greatly inspired to write these books; allegory books are really hard to write, as I have found out over the past 3 years. He really was a great author!

konnichiwa

Lance-Constable
Dec 4, 2012
Finland
Looks like the convo is kinda dead :confusion-waiting: but I guess it's fine to post none the less :shifty:

I love Narnia books, they're my favorite book series even with the religious stuff (I'm not religious, not one bit) since I think Lewis wrote the books well and they're nice to read. My favorite book from the series is The Magicians Nephew which I love because it shows the beginning of Narnia and explains why the Witch is in Narnia. My least favorite is actually The Silver Chair since I liked it more when the books had the "original" kids aka Peter, Susan, Edmund & Lucy (but in Magicians Nephew it was cool cuz Digory & Polly were cool).

User Menu

Newsletter