The Discworld Word Game

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Here's an idea that I thought might be fun. :) It's simply a word game, with very simple rules: I write a Discworld-related word, the next person writes a word that begins with the same letter my word ended with, and so on. (For instance: Discworld -> Death -> Harga's House of Ribs -> etc.)

Happy playing, and hopefully this will take off! :) So, to start with...

Binky :twisted:

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Hmm... I suppose so, although it would defeat the point of the game if names could be repeated indefinitely. :| Every time a name ending in H pops up, everyone could say "Harga's House of Ribs". ;)

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Esmerelda -> Aimsbury, the chef at the Royal Bank of Ankh-Morpork. (Making Money)

(Incidentally, which Hermione are we talking about? o_O I know about Hermione Granger of Harry Potter fame, of course, but I don't remember Pterry creating a Hermione?) *confused*

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
RathDarkblade said:
(Incidentally, which Hermione are we talking about? o_O I know about Hermione Granger of Harry Potter fame, of course, but I don't remember Pterry creating a Hermione?) *confused*
I guess there are two possibilities: Lady Hermione is one of Altogether Andrews personalities and Hermione Gordon is the lumberjack daughter of Ariadne Gordon in Snuff

User Menu

Newsletter