The Folklore of Discworld

Welcome to the Official Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the official Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

windle poons

Lance-Constable
Sep 15, 2008
Hertford
Has anybody read this yet as I have not seen any mention of it on the forum I have just got a copy but have not started it yet,I will post again when I have read enough to get an opinion of it
Bob

Jul 26, 2008
well i read it, its noty like reading a novel thats for sure but its very interesting if you want to try and get into the mindset of Pterry and know real discworldly stuff. 8/10

SandraB

Lance-Constable
Oct 2, 2008
Through in (almost) one sitting - loved it and enjoyed learning about alot of lost (almost) folklore of Europe.

Have to admitt I knew some of it through it being used in Fantasy work (mainly the Mercedes Lackey Godmother series).

TheMole

Lance-Corporal
Mind you, there is a mistake on the bottom of page 101.

There is description of Old Count de Magpyr ("Old Red Eyes") - "a bald head, two teeth like needles, two ears like batwings, etc." - but this is, actually, the description of Vlad´s grandfather Magyrato.

windle poons

Lance-Constable
Sep 15, 2008
Hertford
Just finished it Totally fascinating, one of the best add on books so far
Bob

Jul 25, 2008
Newport
About halfway through it.

It started off well, but it seems half the book is devoted to The Witches of Lancre and as such, i haven't picked it up for over 2 weeks.

Book of the Month

Moving Pictures

"Holy wood is a different sort of place. People act differently here. Everywhere else the most important things are gods or money or cattle. Here, the most important thing is to be important."

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter