The Hunger Games

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Brady

Jan 10, 2012
Ok i read the book but i cant put it into a page long summary....

So heres what i got..

The Hunger Games is a novel written by Suzanne Collins. The story takes place in an alternative future where the United States is a nation of twelve districts. Katniss Everdeen is a 16 year old girl and is chosen to be a 'tribute' for something called The Hunger Games. She and the other Tribute, Peeta Mellark, must fight to the death with 22 other Tributes from the other districts on live TV. Things become heated up when Peeta and Katniss know that they like each other but in the end only one out of the twenty four can survive. Before there arrival in the arena they are taken to get clean and prepared. During the hunger games there was a switch up and and two people from the same district could win. Peeta and Katniss won!

Can you please help me stretch it out with other things that happened and help me make it more detailed.

Tris

Constable
Mar 25, 2012
I've read all 3 books, and I just bought te whole series, so I'm rereading everything. I can't go to see the movie, so I'm waiting for the DVD to come out, but the trailers look good. Hopefully, they won't ruin the movie like they did with other books, like Eragon.

May 8, 2011
Sunnydale Highschool
Tris said:
I've read all 3 books, and I just bought te whole series, so I'm rereading everything. I can't go to see the movie, so I'm waiting for the DVD to come out, but the trailers look good. Hopefully, they won't ruin the movie like they did with other books, like Eragon.
Tris do you agree that Mockingjay is such a disappointment,I'm reading it at the moment and I'm really annoyed :x

Tris

Constable
Mar 25, 2012
~~~~~~~~~SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ ALL OF MOCKINGJAY!!!~~~~~~~~~
Author3, my post is in the spoiler.

I read it a year ago, but it's my least favorite of the series. Too many people die. Almost everyone I've met says that Mockingjay is the best book because it has the most action in it. WHO CARES ABOUT ACTION? ...Well, I do, sometimes, but still... Why did she marry Peeta???!!! Mockingjay was a bit of a disappointment, I agree. I HATE the ending. Extremely. I don't mean the epilogue, I mean how they decide to have a final, symbolic Hunger Games. That was just horrible. It's not the Capitol children's fault that the adults ruined everyone's lives. And Prim... :cry: :x I hate that Katniss is so... depressed at the end. I prefer the second and the first books. THE THIRD BOOK IS TOO SAD, AND IT IS A DISAPPOINTMENT AND A LETDOWN!!! It's still good though, but not the degree of... awesomeness that the first two books have.

May 8, 2011
Sunnydale Highschool
I completely agree with your post except for the part where you mention a lot of action,the first two parts of the book were sooooooooo slow paced but then it finally picked up in the third part but I still think there was hardly that much action and I definetly agree about
the final,symbolic Hunger games :cry:

Tris

Constable
Mar 25, 2012
I didn't say that I believed that, I don't, it's just what just about everyone in my whole school who's read it said. Katniss doesn't see/experience any of it, so it doesn't count for me. The final, symbolic Hunger Games is just cruel of Coin. I mean, if she had any feelings (I really have doubts about it) :twisted: , would she want HER children/grandchildren to be in a Hunger Games?!!!
:twisted: This is what Coin would look like if she was a smily (smilie?), except maybe she would have hair. I, the geeky smart person, have no idea how to spell that. It's pathetic.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Sharlene was asking me if there was a thread for this series of books and I forgot about this one. :oops: She's recently read all three books and enjoyed them. I'll point her in this direction and she can tell you more. ;)

User Menu

Newsletter