The Kite Runner

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Strider

Aug 19, 2010
Swansea, Wales
I recently had this book suggested to me so wondered what everyone else thought about it.

The Kite Runner is a novel by Khaled Hosseini. Published in 2003, it is Hosseini's first novel and was adapted into a film of the same name in 2007.

The Kite Runner tells the story of Amir, a young boy from the Wazir Akbar Khan district of Kabul, who befriends Hassan, the son of his father's Hazara servant. The story is set against a backdrop of tumultuous events, from the fall of Afghanistan's monarchy through the Soviet invasion, the mass exodus of refugees to Pakistan and the United States, and the rise of the Taliban regime.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Read the book several years before the movie after seeing it on a shelf at the library. It was very good, with some extremely disturbing parts.

Want to know how little I knew about the book at the time? I thought it was a memoir, and went stuff kept happening that seemed far too fictional to be true, I said to my SWMBO, "This stuff couldn't have really happened." To which she said, "Of course it didn't. It's a work of fiction."

To which I replied, "D'OH!"

:laugh:

J-I-B

Strider

Aug 19, 2010
Swansea, Wales
From what I have been told I am getting this and the authors Khaled Hosseini's other book A Thousand Splendid Suns which I have also heard very good things about, this book is also going to be made into a film as the rights have been bought for that aswell.

User Menu

Newsletter