SPOILERS The World Of Poo...*mini SPOILERS...ish*

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

CJDobs

Constable
Sep 10, 2009
If a short tale about a subject that is - let's face it -not very pleasant to talk/think about can be considered charming, then The World of Poo is a real charmer.

'Tis short and easily read in one sitting (quite handy if you do adopt to read it whilst making use of your own in-door plumbing marvel that is the Water Closet....which I did - ahem...where's the blushing smiley... :oops: )...wrapped up tightly in a nice warm blanket of Discworld nostalgia, taking a stroll down memory lane to visit such favoured locales as the Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons or a gentle ride/sludge down the Ankh in Harry Kings boat for a jolly game of Poo sticks whilst dodging the 'dung from above', It's just a guilty little pleasure to treasure :p

I thoroughly enjoyed the 20 or so minutes I spent on this interesting and informative little 'output' (yes, it was a leg number ;) )....It's uninvasive in your life and doesn't worry about the hassle of a plot or a direction, it just sort of ...plops out as it goes along......excrement it is not.... :laugh:

Worth a tenner, for the nostalgic moments, can't say I learnt a lot about 'poo' but can't say I really wanted to either. All in all, a pleasant little movement Terry squeezed out to supplement any Pratchett readers collection...it goes with 'Where's My Cow' and the Maps as a Discworld frivolity, it doesn't leave any bad odours and there's a certain amount of satisfaction that comes from completing it.... smiles all round really :laugh:

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
The paper is too stiff for comfort although it appears to be fairly absorbent :laugh:

Interestingly the book doesn't claim to be written by Terry. I actually says Terry Pratchett presents The World of Poo and goes on to say 'assisted by Bernard and Isobel Pearson' who I suspect had a rather significant role in its production much like The Discworld Almanack which appears to be mainly by Bernard.

User Menu

Newsletter