Time Team last night.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Did anyone see Time Team last night? They were digging around the site of an old mill near Wincanton and found what they thought was an ancient comb. On closer inspection they found an inscription: "Copyright BP 1999 West Stow". :laugh:

Bernard Pearson, The Cunning Artificer used to make replica combs to sell in the gift shop at West Stow. The people on Time Team were wondering if someone put it on the site knowing that the team were going to be digging there. :twisted:

Brits can watch the episode HERE. Unfortunately it's not available outside the UK.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Yeah, I like Tony Robinson...

My mother loves Time Team, and I don't mind having a look occasionally. We call watsisname, uh, Phil Harding 'Mr Mummerset' because of that very rustic West County Mummerset accent.

Sep 25, 2010
Australia
I will never forget the episode when they indulged in a bit of dressing up and he had to put on a ... baldrick!

Just hope no one asked him to make the custard.

Apr 29, 2009
London
Phil Harding is the love of my life.

:oops: :oops:

Errr, anyway. With regard to last night's Time Team, there was a bit in it where they showed an illustration by the show's resident artist, Victor Ambrus, of how they pictured the owners of the mill at one point in it's history.

There was a hugely fat man, and his hugely fat wife, and a normal sized daughter, and I said out loud "It's Nanny Ogg".

:laugh:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
It might seem a bit strange to resurrect this thread after so long but that episode of Time Team where Bernard played his great trick on Tony Robinson is no longer available from Channel 4. However, it can be found here on Youtube. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter