trailer for Troll Bridge

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
The release of the trailer is due to the fact that they *have* finally made it after 15 years. I think it means that the vast majority of the post production is done (perhaps some minor comp tasks remaining), and they're now submitting it to film festivals for its world premiere[1]

If you want to see it when it's released there's two ways: attend a festival or convention where it's screening (or arrange a public screening in your home town/city), or back the project and buy a DVD/BluRay - Tamar posted the link above. Under the terms of the contract with Terry (established when the project began), Snowgum Films and everyone who worked on this are not allowed to make money off the project, and they don't have rights to sell copies after production is complete - only by backing the project while it's still in production can you get your own copy on disc.

Many of us threw money into this project when it started in 2003, and many thousands more did in 2011 when they ran their Kickstarter campaign. It's taken a lot of time, and a lot of unpaid effort on the part of hundreds of volunteers, but the most epic fan film ever made is almost ready for release.

I've seen a few workprints over the years (even the original version shot in the early 00's, which has been completely scrapped) and the amount of effort and amazing work that I've seen in this short as it's gone from stuff with green screen backgrounds to fully rendered CGI trolls has been amazing - heck, even since last August (at Nullus Anxietas VI in 2017), so much work has been done and they've even recast and re-recorded one of the characters! (Beryl).

So if you are keen to see the final production, throw a few dollars their way now, and help make Daniel and Ahren's daily life a little easier. They and every other volunteer have been pouring their lives into this project for 15 years without making a cent off of it, and so any money will help them amortise the already expensive production costs.

[1] Film Festivals are sometimes quite picky about having world premieres, which is why the official world premiere will be at a festival rather than a Discworld Convention. Rest assured, I'm sure it will be seen at cons, in one form or another, just not until after the official world premiere.

User Menu

Newsletter