translated terry p

Welcome to the Official Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the official Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

GlennSpain

Feb 1, 2009
is there a site to buy translated discworld?

I have everything in Spanish, but I'm after Chinese. I know some exist at least, I'm seen pics of them on the web but have not found a way to buy.

Any help out there???

Beg, plead and plod

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi GlennSpain and welcome to the site. When you say Chinese, do you mean Cantonese or Mandarin? o_O And do you read those languages?

Sorry, I can't think of an answer to your question at the moment, but I'll give it some thought. :)

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
welcome to the site glen, have you seen the size of a mandarin typewriter its huuuuggggeeee :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I've seen the books here in Cardiff in Welsh - but that'll probably be just as difficult as Chinese. :laugh:

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
dont lookat me i had seven % for a welsh exam in school and that was the days of the week the teacher had forgotten to rub off the board :laugh:
went into clwb ifan bach in cardiff and had to get my mate( whos a turk) to get the beer as i couldnt order it in welsh :oops:

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
sorry got to explain turk is a nickname for somebody from llanelli like silver and its not derogatory honest :laugh:

Jul 26, 2008
All i can say is theyre published by Science Fiction World Magazine and i think theyre only published the first four books, there may be others but im not sure, the web site is http://www.sfw-cd.com/ its in chineese so good luck :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Yeah that's about the same as I came up with. o_O

If you click the links here on Colin Smythe's site and scroll down, you should see a picture of each of the books and the Chinese covers. But I have no idea how you'd go about buying them I'm sorry. :(

Jul 26, 2008
I'll have to ask my neighbours as theyre chinese :) mind you better wait for the chanting to stop first :laugh: god they make a right racket. They keep making me think of interesting times for some reason :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Arroryn

Feb 8, 2009
Let me know if you do find more than the first four (all I could get).

I've got them all in English, and a fair bunch of them in German (www.amazon.de) so Mandarin was going to be my next stepping stone... slowly :)

Arroryn

Feb 8, 2009
Thanks :) looking forward to having a good conflaberate about the world's favourite author :)

Book of the Month

Moving Pictures

"Holy wood is a different sort of place. People act differently here. Everywhere else the most important things are gods or money or cattle. Here, the most important thing is to be important."

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter