Transmetropolitan....

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Well, I've just dipped my toes (ie, read the first graphic novel) into a really weird graphic novel series called Transmetropolitan. Disturbing and as dark as hell, but entertaining, thought-provoking, and with plenty of black comedy. Anyone else read this?

Quatermass said:
Well, I've just dipped my toes (ie, read the first graphic novel) into a really weird graphic novel series called Transmetropolitan. Disturbing and as dark as hell, but entertaining, thought-provoking, and with plenty of black comedy. Anyone else read this?
It's been on my Amazon wishlist for years and years, will read them someday. About ten years ago there was talk of Patrick Stewart wanting to star in an adap... o_O

I may finally start them once I've got the two Y the Last Man's that I need. Let us know what you think. :laugh:

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
BatrickPatrick said:
I haven't got hold of a copy yet but I'd like to read it ever since someone did a presentation on it at uni. I'd forgotten about it until now...

What's the artwork like?
Hmm, very good. It's the story I'm interested in, mind, and it was damn good, if disturbing. Rather like reading Let the Right One In, even if the subject matter of the two books were disparate. Brilliant story, but you'd better have strong tolerance to disturbing subject matter. Oh, and very darkly funny. Like the bowel disruptor settings: loose, watery, and prolapse. :laugh: Or Spider substituting the word 'editor' for 'critic' in the 'everyone's a critic' idiom. :laugh: Or the Buy-Bomb. And the cleaning cubicle and the stoned item dispenser. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
BatrickPatrick said:
It looks pretty awesome :laugh:
Looks, nothing. You should see what happens when Spider Jerusalem crashes a religion convention wearing what is basically a crude Jesus cosplay. :laugh:

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter