Troll Bridge World Premiere!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Flickerfest, an Academy Accredited Australian film festival, has scheduled the World Premiere of "Troll Bridge" for January 16, 2019. As I understand it, for some reason there was a requirement that it be shown at a film festival before subscribers could get their DVDs, so this is big news for those of us who have been waiting for over fifteen years. With this and the Watch coming on BBC/Amazon Prime, 2019 looks like a banner year for Pratchett TV.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Drat it! The premiere of Troll Bridge will be in Sydney, so in order to see it, I'll have to get on a plane to get there. No fair. :(

Will it be possible to buy the film afterwards?

Also, yes, The Watch will be coming to BBC and Amazon Prime. Being an antipodean, I have access to neither. How can I see it? :(

Last edited:

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
It's a little more complicated than simply buying it.
I'm not sure whether pledges have closed.
I think you might still have a chance to pre-order a copy of the DVD by pledging.
If I recall correctly, they are not allowed to sell copies of the movie afterwards, but those who supported the production with a pledge of $50 (Australian?) were to get a copy of it.
Lower pledge levels allow a download, higher pledge levels got BluRay, and signed posters.

Start here:

http://www.trollbridge.film/pre-order

Since The Watch is a completely different situation, and not involving amateurs working for free, I think you should eventually be able to buy the shows on DVD via Amazon.

P.S. I think there will be at least some talk (and maybe a preview) at the Australian Discworld Convention.

There will be a screening at the Australian Discworld Convention (Melbourne, April 2019) and one at the Irish Discworld Convention (March 2019 - sold out, I think) and the North American Discworld Convention (July 2019) - Snowgum Films already have these listed on their website.

Of course, you'll need to have a ticket to those conventions to actually see the film, but in addition you'll get a lot of other fun Discworld activities thrown into the mix :)

Convention links:
https://ausdwcon.org
https://idwcon.org
https://nadwcon2019.org

Tamar's right about how to pre-order a DVD/Blu Ray copy of Troll Bridge - it has to be done while Snowgum Films are still paying off their debts, and they plan to have all the rewards (from the 2011 Kickstarter, and any other pledges done before or afterwards) by November 1, 2019. Which means, if you wish to *own* a copy of Troll Bridge, the best time to fork out money is now. It won't ever be sold or screened commercially (due to the original agreement with Terry), so if you don't chip in for a DVD/Blu-Ray the only way to see it will be at special screenings at film festivals or conventions.

(and Australians *do* have access to Amazon Prime - it's one of the streaming services available here, along with Netflix and Stan.
If you don't wish to sign up - even for the free month while Good Omens or The Watch is on - you'll have to wait for a DVD/BluRay release)

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
The World Premiere has now happened, and reports are good. I am certain that those who were waiting to see it before shelling out are now besieging the pledge site.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Drat it! The premiere of Troll Bridge will be in Sydney, so in order to see it, I'll have to get on a plane to get there. No fair. :(

Will it be possible to buy the film afterwards?

Also, yes, The Watch will be coming to BBC and Amazon Prime. Being an antipodean, I have access to neither. How can I see it? :(
Oh yeah... Flickerfest is bringing a selection of its "best" from the Sydney festival to Brisbane but NOT Troll Bridge.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
forgive me for maybe misreading this but £64 pounds for a Blu-ray copy
and no DVD release if I did misread it please correct me
Ghost here is what you get for $50 & $85
Pledge US$ 50
The above ain’t just downloadable baby! We send you the official hard copy DVD set, complete with slip, case and artwork!

Troll Bridge DVD.jpg
Pledge US$ 85 or more
Instead of a boring standard definition DVD… we send you a blu-ray Special Edition version of the film! And a selection of collectable movie stills to go with it!

User Menu

Newsletter