Truckers, Diggers and Wings

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 25, 2008
Newport
The show was amazing, I had it on VHS as it was never released on DVD (if you bought it on DVD, you've been cheated).

Last I read was that Dreamworks would be doing an animation and condensing it down it into 1 film. Not sure if this is still the case. I had an issue with it losing too much but then realised that Wings starts halfway through Diggers and ends at the sane sane time so maybe that would be okay.

Jul 25, 2008
Newport
The show was amazing, I had it on VHS as it was never released on DVD (if you bought it on DVD, you've been cheated).

Last I read was that Dreamworks would be doing an animation and condensing it down it into 1 film. Not sure if this is still the case because they've got it wrong
I had an issue with it losing too much originally but then realised that Wings starts halfway through Diggers and ends at the same time so maybe that would be okay

Alanz

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2012
I read them from the libriary, really enjoyed them, i need to buy them now for my Paperback collection so i can read them again.. :laugh:

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Two of my friends gave me the three paperback books as a B/D present last year. I haven't read them yet, but I remember watching the TV series.

Feb 4, 2013
Oh my gosh, I remember this series fondly, especially the first book. Although the second and third are good, each being half of a bigger story inevitably makes them feel less complete, and hence less solid and able to achieve those moments of fully realized greatness.

However, it really is astounding how many subjects and themes he touches upon in this unassuming series: politics, civilization, cosmology, religion, myths and stories, science and engineering, humanity and aliens, even ageing and death. It's clever and funny in the best way, because it bases that cleverness and comedy on character interactions and how they make sense of the world around them based on scrappy information and on their small-world perspective.

This trilogy is what I'd point to as evidence that "for children" doesn't remotely mean "childish". Absolutely delightful.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
I learned this weekend that because of the difference in brand names of heavy machinery across the pond, Diggers has at least three slightly different versions. (If I recall correctly:)
In the UK edition that I have, the heavy machinery is named JEKUB. In the separate paperback trilogy in the USA, Diggers has heavy machinery named John Deere. In the collected 3-in-1 volume called the Bromeliad (at least in the one I looked in), the heavy machinery is called CAT (short for Caterpillar Tractor Company).

User Menu

Newsletter