UK Tours?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

janis2610

Feb 2, 2010
I'll be blunt, as there's no point in mucking about. Terry is as much of a hero that I can have, without poking my toes into the murky waters of the cliché sea. And he is dying. There's no point in going on about tragedy and sorrow, because, while it clearly is, it's been said before, and we should celebrate life rather then mourn death.

But.

I want to be able to see him and meet him before it's too late. It sounds melodramatic, but there isn't another way to say it. So here's the question. Will he be in the UK any time soon, touring or anything similar? Travel within the UK isn't really an issue. Only, I imagine any publicity tours for Unseen Academicals will have concluded by now.

Sorry for balancing out the emotion with the cold practicality, but there is the question. Can anyone help? Google has failed me on this one, all hope is lost.

janis2610

Feb 2, 2010
I appear to be in Leeds on that date, for the festival. Ticket bought, booked, and locked in. Sorry for the massive failure on my part. Will there be any other opportunities?

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi janis2610! :laugh: And welcome. It's possible that Terry may be at one of the events in Wincanton that take place at several times during the year.

A good place to keep informed is the News Section of this site as most of the information there comes direct from Terry's PA, Rob.

I hope that helps. :)

Feb 1, 2010
poohcarrot said:
Hi

He'll be at the Discworld Convention in Birmingham in August where you can meet him.
Y'know, I've been reading the books for 19 years and have never made it to a convention? And now, one has seemingly dropped into my lap!

*does a happy dance*

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
BeadyDragon said:
poohcarrot said:
Hi

He'll be at the Discworld Convention in Birmingham in August where you can meet him.
Y'know, I've been reading the books for 19 years and have never made it to a convention? And now, one has seemingly dropped into my lap!

*does a happy dance*
The first time I met Terry was at a book signing. I thanked him for all the friends I'd made online due to his books and he asked me if I'd ever been to an event. I hadn't so he told me I must. :laugh:

I've done a few since - camping and a few of us rented a cottage near Wincanton for Hogswatch one year. It's well worth the effort. :laugh:

Feb 3, 2010
Glasgow
Sorry but it's not! :cry:

Trying to get time to get away can be a bit of a problem. And getting someone to look after my cat that is prepared to put up with her wanting to play fetch most of the night whilst to try to sleep is even more difficult. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter