Wadfest 2008

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Another event with a Discworld theme. Wadfest has been running annually since 2002. It's a camping event and a whole lot of fun with like minded people. :laugh:

Wadfest 2008

If you've been to Wadfest perhaps you could post here and tell those members who have never been or never even heard of the even all about it. :)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
This might sound like a daft question, but when is it? Is the date on the site anywhere, cos I can't see it.

Jul 26, 2008
Finland
Dotsie said:
This might sound like a daft question, but when is it? Is the date on the site anywhere, cos I can't see it.
It's on the last weekend in August, 29th-31st. Though a lot of people arrive a bit early...

Periwinkle

Lance-Constable
Jul 25, 2008
demdike said:
I shall be making my usual day trips to it on the pretext of nipping out for some shoping :laugh:
Yes and taking pix of men's bottoms !! To post on the web before we can do anything about it Tsk Tsk :rolleyes:

Wadfest is a fun camping event - very family friendly, we have Luggage wars for the kids, A Dry boat race for the adults, Lots of lovely traders to help you part with your cash and of course on the Friday evening Jem's cocktail party where the now Annual Ms Wadfest comp is held to see which lovely gentlemen make the best Ladeeez. Not to mention the Murder Mystery - put on your Sherlock hat and see if you can guess Whodunnit!

Each year there is a theme from one of TP's books and this year it is Genua and there will be a masked ball on the Saturday evening.

It costs just £15 per adult for the weekend and is well worth a visit!

carllota

Lance-Constable
Aug 1, 2008
Ireland
Wadfest is great fun! for those guy in america who are upset they cant go think how i feel i'm just a hop, skip and a jump away and I still cant go
sniff sniff
the year I went there was a wedding and hogsarhhhh (sorry about spelling) gave the groom a ball and chain! Luggage wars were fun to watch, and the dressing up was great, lots of little nac mac feegles running around hehe
i started giving my boyfriend the discworld diaries for hogswatch and still do even after we broke up but had missed a year and was able to get a copy at wadfest he was over the moon!
best way to spend your weekend and all for only £15! i'm dif going to go to the next one, just have to get a lift to the camp site
Hint hint!

Jul 26, 2008
Finland
50ft queenie said:
D*mn you English!! You get all the good Terry stuff!

Let's do an Ephebe themed camping thingie here next time! xD

(Just kidding... Have a great time!)
Start saving now for the next one. Or the Hogswatch event in Wincanton in December. Hope you can make an event some day, they are great fun! :laugh:

Witch from Lancre

Lance-Constable
Aug 4, 2008
West Yorkshire
Wadfest.

No matter what the weather throws at Wadfest be it brilliant hot sunshine or torrential winds and rain a good time is had by all. In fact bad weather seems to being out the good old British spirit and we rally together enjoying laughs galore in the main tent. If the weather's bad and your tent pegs aren't that strong or you forget to pack the pegs, don't laugh but this happens to several campers each year, Hodges has a supply of heavy duty long pegs for sale that will secure any tent.

Not everybody dresses up so if you don't take a costume you won't be the odd one out. The males among the campers who like to wear drag at the parties make far better women than the real females, well there are exceptions of course :laugh:

Take lots of money for the auction, the raffle, the LBEs and the trade stands. You don't have to of course but I can't resist spending especially for those mentioned which raise money for the Cancer charities.

catrine

Lance-Constable
Jul 25, 2008
I think in some ways #wadfest is the best event - its very relaxing and a good laugh

Try to sleep before the event so you can stay up and have fun (whilst not keeping others up!!)

Witch from Lancre

Lance-Constable
Aug 4, 2008
West Yorkshire
Although we've booked a pitch for a tent we will be staying off the Wadfest site and on the caravan park. Gareth can't drive and the cabin we stay in usuallly is away from the site so that was out of the question.

My Stepfather is driving us to the event with their caravan and he insisted that we had a standing with guaranteed water and electricity link ups despite our protests. As G is 6'4" he might not be able to sleep in the caravan but can either sleep in the awning or pitch his tent on the main site while I'm sleeping in comfort :laugh: He'll be fine though because he's used to camping out at Bikers rallies.

The fresh air will do us a word of good because we haven't been out in it much this year. Just look for two rather pasty individuals on crutches, one tall and very thin and the other completely the opposite. Just like Jack Sprat and his wife :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter