What characters would you like to walk among us?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

What characters would you like to walk among us?

• - Lord Vetinari

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • - Rincewind

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • - The Librarian

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • - Mustrum Ridcully

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • - Granny Weatherwax

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • - Nanny Ogg

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • - Samuel Vimes

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • - Death

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • - Susan Sto Helit

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • - Others

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
:laugh: Thank you for answering, Slantaholic! Well, all characters have their manias and infighting although it seems to me that the more sane character is Carrot. XD

I see Vimes is in the lead… I voted him as well! I think that if he would be on the Earth, a lot more of crimes would be resolved… and he would inspire new Hollywood films about hard policemen. :mrgreen:

Moreover, I voted Granny Weatherwax because is a character I really admire and I’m sure that with her among us she would work wonders with her headology! I would certainly visit her!

And last but not least, Lord Vetinari. Come on people! The world would be beyond any doubt a better place! Or at the minimum we would know where they stand. :whistle:

Mx

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Went for Vimes , The librarian and Death. Some of the others would have too worrying an effect on society

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
The Mad Collector said:
Mixa said:
Or at the minimum we would know where they stand. :whistle:
Possibly upsidedown in a scorpion pit :eek:
Hahaha :p The Mad Collector, I meant that we would know what to expect. And tell us, who have you voted to?

Bouncy Castle said:
Eeek!

I can't go back now! :devil:
Hey guys! I have changed the poll and now you can go back and change your vote, so don’t worry and keep calm The Bouncy Castle, we don’t want you to get librarianly angry! :mrgreen:

Mx

Freebie

Lance-Constable
Feb 10, 2014
England
I voted Samuel Vimes because he'd be able to sort out lots of crime with his cut-the-crap attitude. He's someone we really need here!

Secondly I chose Rincewind because it would be frankly very interesting to see what would happen!

Then I ummed and ahhed and decided on Nanny Ogg, because she'd probably suit life here pretty well.

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
Thank you all for answering! :happy-jumpgreen:

Ghost said:
I used to work with somebody who to me was just like Granny Ogg
But… just as strict or as witty as her? XD

Freebie said:
I voted Samuel Vimes because he'd be able to sort out lots of crime with his cut-the-crap attitude. He's someone we really need here!

Secondly I chose Rincewind because it would be frankly very interesting to see what would happen!

Then I ummed and ahhed and decided on Nanny Ogg, because she'd probably suit life here pretty well.
Great answer, Freebie! ;) Although if Rincewind would walk among us I’d probably lock in a bunker. :icon-eek: :laugh:

Mx

I voted Nanny Ogg, Death and Susan.

Nanny Ogg to encourage to feel free to feel free to make every occassion of life a happiness.
Where? As Celebrity in TV - everyone should share. :cool:

Death because I always thought: If there is coming a large black robed figure with a scythe in your direction (and you don't happendet to live in a movie like "Scream")... it have to be a very big relief because then you know there is something more after death. Although you don't exactly know what there will follow, but at least I think therefore still I am. :)
Where? Yeah, in front of me - but only once in a life... ehm... death... ehm... somewhere between time (or however you would call it).

Susan I like her coolness, her sanity, her not at all huffy-fluffy-romantic-attitude, her strength. Strictly speaking she would be a woman as I love her (I think I wouldn't like a woman who behaves like the common soap opera leading actress). The only problem may be the Where?... Preferably (or not) next door, but then I am very sure I never ever would suffice her acquaintance, me with my silly little books about a silly little world on the back of four elephants and a giant turtle, with my wild running imagination and fantasy and so on. No, I think for the better of myself and for the better of the world she should be work at an university in a leading role - at least running it. :laugh:

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
Thanks for answering! That was a great comment! :laugh:

So…
Would you want them to be part of your family? A neighbour, someone that you’d just meet once in your life (like Roland said)?

Mx

User Menu

Newsletter